RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Arizona (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/arizona/)
-   -   one hobbies rock crawling (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/arizona/196522-one-hobbies-rock-crawling.html)

dunerdude69 08-27-2009 07:48 PM

one hobbies rock crawling

in surprise i heard that one hobbies has built a rock wall and has comps on thurs has any body been to his

CRAWLER-DAD 08-27-2009 09:09 PM

hey isnt that close to you..hell im out here in east mesa/AJ area..so how about you go take some pictures and post up for all of us to see...

JasonJones 08-27-2009 09:53 PM

I wasn't aware that they had actually finished (hell even started) a wall other than the pile-o-rocks in the back yard there... speaking with one of the owners, he mentioned that they were thinking of setting up 2 sides of the warehouse in the back along one side and turn the corner and down the other. that was about 6weeks ago or so when I spoke with him, so maybe they did get to working on it...

Easiest way is to go in and talk to them... they are a decent little shop, just starting to get some crawler items mostly started out as a 1/8th and larger nitro shop. They are only a couple miles from me, so next time I head that way I'll stop by and find out...

Failedabortion 08-28-2009 04:07 AM

didn't have anything but the pile out back two weeks ago...Dropped off some gates for them to use though.

They mentioned they take the crawlers out back on thursdays around 6pm.

gafracer 08-28-2009 07:49 AM

he keep posting on other forums, try an let him know about this forum.

robbio4422 08-28-2009 09:51 AM

i was out there about 4 weeks ago and the guy inside said the back room was being build...

the only bad thing is that this shop has absolutly nothing to support to crawler community. if i remember right, all they had were a few box stock MRC's

im heading out to niro pit tonight and i need fuel so ill stop out there and see what i can find. ill take some pics if there is anything worth taking"thumbsup"

dunerdude69 08-28-2009 06:31 PM

i might go to the pit today to have you ever seen me out there i have the losi 8t silver with skull and roses
http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/w...b4d0c7c66c.jpg

dunerdude69 08-28-2009 08:09 PM

i tried to go today but my parents dont think rc is important and its a whaste of time

Erin 08-29-2009 12:24 AM

We talked to a couple of the guys who will be biulding the courses there at our last comp. They aren't sure exactly when they will get it done, but it sounded like sooner than later. Hopefully it turns out as good as they hope, they had some good ideas for crawling courses, and being the racers they are, lol, a rock racing setup as well. Of course, two trucks running a cross over course does sound pretty cool.

dunerdude69 08-29-2009 03:48 PM

im going to try to go out there today and snap some pics

dunerdude69 08-29-2009 10:21 PM

i went there today and it hasnt been built yet

AZrcdriver 09-02-2009 08:49 PM

Just thought I would like to add to this.

The course is still in early stages but work is being done. Material supplier has joined on and things are moving forward.

The shop, while very limited right now is going to add much more support for crawlers. The biggest thing is with so many options out there they don't want to be bringing in stuff that isn't used. It will take input and support to make it grow.

While new at this myself I am one of the people helping this move forward.

We look forward to this just like you people do. See you all soon.

dunerdude69 09-02-2009 09:15 PM

tires and replacement parts/ upgrades

JasonJones 09-02-2009 10:18 PM

I stopped in there today and Spoke with a guy that I guess is in charge of setting up the course... He laid out a few of their plans to me and sounded pretty excited to get things going. I offered up to help as needed, but maybe we need to offer to come in as a group and help them get the course built sooner than later. I think with a good group we can make a LOT happen fast for them and get them going in the right directions.

The guys there in the shop are good people and while they are very light on any crawler items, they are stocking more lately and have plans to expand. I'm sure if they get a decent course built up and start doing a regular crawl schedule they will see the $$$ potential in crawling.

Right now they have the space, a good starter pile of rocks (nothing "big")... Their plan is to move the pile into the warehouse and use that as a base. He also said they wanted to setup a long table along one wall that could be changed up to keep lines fresh etc. Connecting the 2 with a cable bridge or some sort of bridge...

I asked the guy (dammit, I forgot his name) to join RCC and come in to the AZ forum here and speak up...

AZrcdriver 09-02-2009 10:50 PM

Jason,

It could have been one of several people. Right now the main people on building the wall are Chris, Jeff, Andy and Tom (me).

Like I said we have a supplier for rock but we are getting equipment set up to save bodies during the main build.

The excitement is there but we have a really big Nitro race coming up as well so we are splitting time there.

JasonJones 09-02-2009 10:54 PM

Its not Chris, and its not the other owner with a Losi Comp Crawler... This guy said he had an Axial crawler. He wasn't familiar with RCC so that pretty much leaves Andy or Jeff as a name...

AZrcdriver 09-02-2009 11:19 PM

Sounds like it must have been Jeff.

He is one of the leads for the rock wall.

dunerdude69 09-03-2009 02:51 PM

cool ill help as much as i can i go there weekly

AZrcdriver 09-03-2009 09:54 PM

Jason,

I just missed you at the shop today but it sounds like you were able to talk to Jeff some at least.

We are trying to set a timeframe in the very near future to have things built but I don't want to say and jinks it.

The Weazel 09-14-2009 12:38 PM

One Hobbies - Rock Wars course

Guys,
Yes a rock crawling course and rock wars racing course are under development. As Tom spoke to earlier we do now have our material supplier on board. For the most part Andy and I have a very good design in mind, but to hold true to our Nitro Pit heritage we are going to build a world class design. As we all know this takes time to plan. I am fully consumed with our World Championship race coming oct 15-18. This course will be built following that race. The plans are for last weekend of oct first of nov. to build. I will take all the help I can get to get this thing done in early November.

Thanks Jeff