Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Worst hobby shop in town! Franks Hobby hell hole

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Worst hobby shop in town! Franks Hobby hell hole

I have shoped at Franks many times, this time was the last. I was buying a new radio, and I was trying to use my debit card. Well they guy tried to run my card and he said it will not work? So I said that is weird the card is brand new and I have never had a problem? he then told me that his machine is brand new so it must be the card. So he then tried using my card with plastic bag around it? Again I thought it was a new machine but if he doing this than he has had that problem before. (So he lied to me about the machine). So then I ask if he can just type in the numbers on the card and run it that way. he told me no because it is too easy to comit fraud that way, so I said " how does that make sense? I have a wallet full of ID's that say who I am". (not only that but the multi million dollar company I work for uses Credit cards without actually seeing them all day.) after this I went to the Cricle K and guess what card worked like a charm (like it always has). So because of there bad service and horible personalitys I will never be shoping there again, I would even say if I saw the man with the big nose out at a flying field I would tell him how a really feel it was that bad!
I would not recommend this place to anyone. the only reason to go there is if they have a part that nobody else has, I hope this place goes out of buisness it was that bad of an experience.

the only thing they do well is they have alot of hard to find parts.

Go to Hobby action they actually care about the customer.
bolibruch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

yah hobby action is worth the drive
theblackmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolibruch1 View Post
I have shoped at Franks many times, this time was the last. I was buying a new radio, and I was trying to use my debit card. Well they guy tried to run my card and he said it will not work? So I said that is weird the card is brand new and I have never had a problem? he then told me that his machine is brand new so it must be the card. So he then tried using my card with plastic bag around it? Again I thought it was a new machine but if he doing this than he has had that problem before. (So he lied to me about the machine). So then I ask if he can just type in the numbers on the card and run it that way. he told me no because it is too easy to comit fraud that way, so I said " how does that make sense? I have a wallet full of ID's that say who I am". (not only that but the multi million dollar company I work for uses Credit cards without actually seeing them all day.) after this I went to the Cricle K and guess what card worked like a charm (like it always has). So because of there bad service and horible personalitys I will never be shoping there again, I would even say if I saw the man with the big nose out at a flying field I would tell him how a really feel it was that bad!
I would not recommend this place to anyone. the only reason to go there is if they have a part that nobody else has, I hope this place goes out of buisness it was that bad of an experience.

Your card would not work on his machine. I know the million dollar company you work for has everything work first time, every time, but sometimes things do fail. Some credit card processors make it very easy to chargeback an item if the card is not swiped. So entering the numbers they open themselves up to someone who could file a chargeback and they would lose whatever they sold. Almost any anyone who has ever used a creditcard knows that putting it in the plastic bag sometimes helps when a card will not scan. I could not tell you exactly why it works like that, but I know it does. But again in your perfect world, I guess everything works first time every time.

All in all I hope you see the dude with the big nose and you get out your huge internet E-cock and say something to him. I have my doubts you will. Just please write back and say how he dropped you. I would say that Franks hobbies is probably way better off without you.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

whats this called? "man drama"?
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post

i think its more like "vaganitis" ....
briansbodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

uh oh.. gonna follow this thread for a bit..
savagefromthesprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by briansbodies View Post
i think its more like "vaganitis" ....

Oh look. More huge E cocks.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

no ted, it is just your amazing ability to see the other side of the situation and argue it whether or not you are right or wrong.

by the way this would be a great sig line for this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucknuts View Post
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
by the way this would be a great sig line for this site.

Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Oh look. More huge yummy cocks.
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Damn Ted, you can't help yourself can you?....
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #12
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolibruch1 View Post

That's all that happened...and you're this broke up over it?

I can't speak to his attitude since I wasn't there...or defend them since I don't believe I have ever shopped there. However, I don't see how he could have done anything more about your card working. Not like he has multiple machines to try if one doesn't work. It would be like asking you to use a different card. I've had that happen multiple times where my card will work flawlessly then all of a sudden not work somewhere...then work later without issue. Yeah, it's a pain...but usually it's not the fault of the merchant.

You really want to get pissed about a place of business...wait till you find one that charges your bank account multiple times for a high dollar item. This, putting you in the negative on your account and then they don't feel they were responsible for your 9 overdraft charges from the bank saying "we're not responsible for your overspending"
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
Damn Ted, you can't help yourself can you?....
he could but that would take all the fun out of his comments
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
he could but that would take all the fun out of his comments
So true, so true!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
That's all that happened...and you're this broke up over it?

I can't speak to his attitude since I wasn't there...or defend them since I don't believe I have ever shopped there. However, I don't see how he could have done anything more about your card working. Not like he has multiple machines to try if one doesn't work. It would be like asking you to use a different card. I've had that happen multiple times where my card will work flawlessly then all of a sudden not work somewhere...then work later without issue. Yeah, it's a pain...but usually it's not the fault of the merchant.

You really want to get pissed about a place of business...wait till you find one that charges your bank account multiple times for a high dollar item. This, putting you in the negative on your account and then they don't feel they were responsible for your 9 overdraft charges from the bank saying "we're not responsible for your overspending"
True, the card thing is nothing to blow off Franks over, but most of my other dealings with Franks have been far less than satisfying. There's just an unwelcoming attitude in that place.

Franks was the closest to my house when I lived in Central Phoenix and it was a last resort to go there and shop. I would drive to Hobby Action or Hobby Bench for part before going three miles to Franks.
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:09 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i am like this in real life too! does that make me a huge life cock?
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #17
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Quote:
Is that somewhat like a life partner?
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:

Thats funny because I am about twice as bad in real person as I am in on the Internet. I try to tone it down online. Talking shit in person is much more fun. Ask Krawlfreak. On the way to worlds he was hoping there would be someone else in the car. That way I would have someone else to ridicule for part of the ride. Art (PaloAltok5) was thrown to the lions jumping in the car for 12 hours before even meeting us. He pulled through with flying colors. 6 hours in we were all making fun of people. HAI!!!

Last edited by The Violator; 09-11-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

I totally empathize with the LHS frusteration but it sounds like he tried his best to accommodate you. Technology sometimes fails us and ish happens where no one is to blame. What I want to know is, what is up with the attitude by hobby shops? Im 32 and have been going to the hobby shop since I was 12 years old and its always been the same thing. Why would you act rude to a customer who wants to spend money on over-inflated items? How these guys stay in business is astonishing. Ive sworn off LHS's for big purchases and only use them for small stuff like revo ends, or CA's. Ive grown more patient over the years and am willing to wait a week or two for online purchases. And its cheaper too. Now that said, there was one shop in Port Angeles WA that was very cool. The two guys running it were helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help. Thats like 1 out of 20 for me. So, not all shops blow. However, IMO most of them suck.
Ripperfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

I have delt with bolibruch at hobby action and he has to be one of the most easy going laid back people I have ever met and for him to vent like this it had to be along time coming and the card issue was just was the straw that broke the camels back
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote