Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Sunday Jan.9th west side gtg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 07:03 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Sunday Jan.9th west side gtg

Heading out to the end of nOrthern again gonna be there around 10am till when ever hope to see the west siders out again "thumbs up"
jrcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

sound like fun, ill have to see where im at with one of my "real" truck build by then, got that show coming up i was telling you about. want to make it out tho, tough decisions....
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK_BOY View Post
sound like fun, ill have to see where im at with one of my "real" truck build by then, got that show coming up i was telling you about. want to make it out tho, tough decisions....

Get that otherbtruck done. And get those deans so I can get those done
Old 01-05-2011, 06:04 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Is it Sunday yet
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

why not attend the PARC comp on the 9th?
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Default Hey

Yea why dont you support your local club and come to a comp? Come on Ricky step up and drive a little
Minitrucker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

why drive 8o miles one way when i can drive 20 minutes and have a good time
Old 01-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcheese View Post
Krawlfreak drives about 140Miles (rough guestimate from Yuma) one way for each comp because they are just that much fun!

Come out to one and give it a try...
jeepman128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman128 View Post
Krawlfreak drives about 140Miles (rough guestimate from Yuma) one way for each comp because they are just that much fun!

Come out to one and give it a try...
I will agree thats dedication ....
Old 01-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman128 View Post
Yeah. It's 180 miles from his house to mine, and then he drives to the comp spots.

211 miles to Mini Moab.
ol' gravy leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by krawlfreak View Post
why not attend the PARC comp on the 9th?
Where are the west side comps??? you guys ask why we west siders dont come to the comps every comp is on the east side or in casa grande , we do have great rocks on this side of town, but no one wants to come this far to check it out you all say so and so drives bla bla miles to go to a comp. but no one in parc gives a rats ass about the west side, and then you guys ask why us west siders dont come way to the other side of the valley to comp, as far as I am concerned everyone doesn't give a damn about us west siders, and some of us ( namely ME ) were in this club long before most of you guys not that is a bad thing, but sometimes the club needs to think about ALL of the members that want to participate not just the east siders,I would love to participate in the club but all the club meetings are on the FAR east side, why should any one fron the west side have to drive 40 or 60 or 80 miles to participate (during rush hour traffic) in the meetings. I am sure I pissed /will piss off a lot of people with this but I can't stay quiet any longer I feel PARC has gotten away from trying to help the new guys to enter the crawling scene, and are trying to get someone to win the nationals, it has ceased to be fun for some and become grooming the " future champion" which will probably not happen here...
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #12

Quote:

possibly be out there, keep an eye out for a Honcho w/short bed

driving that far
Honcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Where are the west side comps??? you guys ask why we west siders dont come to the comps every comp is on the east side or in casa grande , we do have great rocks on this side of town, but no one wants to come this far to check it out you all say so and so drives bla bla miles to go to a comp. but no one in parc gives a rats ass about the west side, and then you guys ask why us west siders dont come way to the other side of the valley to comp, as far as I am concerned everyone doesn't give a damn about us west siders, and some of us ( namely ME ) were in this club long before most of you guys not that is a bad thing, but sometimes the club needs to think about ALL of the members that want to participate not just the east siders,I would love to participate in the club but all the club meetings are on the FAR east side, why should any one fron the west side have to drive 40 or 60 or 80 miles to participate (during rush hour traffic) in the meetings. I am sure I pissed /will piss off a lot of people with this but I can't stay quiet any longer I feel PARC has gotten away from trying to help the new guys to enter the crawling scene, and are trying to get someone to win the nationals, it has ceased to be fun for some and become grooming the " future champion" which will probably not happen here...
Hey Jeff, you know as well as anyone else out there that PARC has tried to get guys to find / show them spots on the west side of town that can handle the 40 to 50 competitors and parking for them and doesn't require a permit. To this date I have only been to two GTG's on the west side to check out new potential comp spots, one near Lake Pleasant where we went scale crawling and Table Mesa which PARC was holding comps at until this coming season. If someone wants to compete with PARC but hates driving (or can't drive) across Phoenix to get there then find a spot on the west side that can provide everything I mentioned above and post up a GTG, it's that simple.

Now if someone has a request or suggestion for PARC about how they run the comps such as having a sportsman class since this is something I have heard mentioned myself and it seems to be catching on with many clubs then speak up, make a suggestion, but there is no reason to be shitty about it!

As far as pissing anyone off Jeff, I'm sure that wasn't your intention, you would never do that.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

So why is this turning in to a turf war . All this thread was for people that wanna go and crawl ON the west side But just remember what Rodney king said can't we all just get along :
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #15
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
So why is this turning in to a turf war . All this thread was for people that wanna go and crawl ON the west side But just remember what Rodney king said can't we all just get along :
We can get along..and you know it...but Jeff has been negative about PARC for some time now but funny he always asks for a ride to our side of town...Jeff nothing against you..but please quit being so negative ..it doesnt do you or the company you represent any good..I have been with you at comps and GTGs and you are pleasant to be around,joking and smiling the whole time..but when you sit behind your computer something changes...some of us do care in PARC... we have members actively looking for sites to have a comp in the west side..Robbio did quite a bit but ran into much friction with law enforcement
..so if you know where these areas are please speak up and let me know..if you look at our schedule..south mtn is in our schedule..

jrcheese Good Job on putting together a group that likes to have fun..PARC is USRCCA recognized club,and the people who comp in our member based club want to go to the national..and we do have that caliber driver base..and we have FUN TOO
W3RCC is a great club direction for the people showing up,I hope that PARC and W3RCC will have a GTG soon..

jrcheese I apologize for the content that I have added to your thread as it for your Jan 9th gtg...I just wanted to give you props and address the bashing of our club by Jeff..

Have a great time at your GTG and I hope to make one when it does not conflict with our schedule.

Marc

Last edited by CRAWLER-DAD; 01-07-2011 at 10:01 PM.
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

With the caliber of drivers in parc that's awesome you have the ones that wanna be on the national level but as per our convo on the phone it would be awesome to get something on the sportsman level. And that's what I would say w3 is doing we are just a group of people out having fun promoting the crawling ... I would definitely attend a parc comp on a sportsman level and I know people that go out with us would too ...
Old 01-08-2011, 05:39 AM   #17
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
With the caliber of drivers in parc that's awesome you have the ones that wanna be on the national level but as per our convo on the phone it would be awesome to get something on the sportsman level. And that's what I would say w3 is doing we are just a group of people out having fun promoting the crawling ... I would definitely attend a parc comp on a sportsman level and I know people that go out with us would too ...

with that!!! then I hope to see you at one of our comps in the near future
and bring your group of sportsman drivers!!
as per our convo.....I am pushing towards accommodating sportsman courses
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Wow!

I don't even know what is considered the east,west,south,or north side of phoenix! It's all far as Hell for me.

I guess I am totally oblivious to the dismay you have towards your club. I say your club because you were here first.

If you have so many issues with the direction the club is, or has been heading we would love some input, weather it be at a meeting or just constructive forum chat, rather than just venting about it in a very negative manner.

Parc would like to involve newcomers and if a sportsman class is what we need then maybe that is possible, but again what good would it do if nobody wants to drive 10,40,or,80 miles to a comp.

I guess in the end I was just extending an invite to join us, I wasn't aware it would start all this.
krawlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

wow! there is a lot of unsolved issues i suppose, but from standing ill say this, talking only for myself! im new to the rc crawling gig, my gf is as well, we both find it entertaining, comical, and some what a stress relief factor. every rc project crawler ive begun to build in the past has had to be sacrificed on ebay for somthing ya know. we both are very active in the "real" truck scene and theres always drama from time to time, but this is just another hobby guys/gals! its meant to be fun...FUN! this is where im at with it now coming back into rc and having a capible crawler for the groth in this hobby, meeting new people and being able to pull off rediculous monuvers with a lil truck im building! basically ones rc 4wd club vs another shouldnt be a bunch of adults crying over toys guys! im gonna do comps and gonna meet people and just have fun! if someone proves that there not fun to go out with, who that person is, then you just go out to another spot, if you really want to be out in a comp inviroment then just like in the "truck" scene, you pick n chose your battles....we"re playing with lil hand built toys dude!!!
jrcheese, ill be out on the 16th to have FUN!!! anyone that want to come have fun with us....lets go, but tampons and tears should be locked up in the parking lot when you grab your rig n hike out!

just my .02 looking in at a future disaster of a really cool scene thats starting to come back to life, dont kill it!
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Krawlfreak it didn't start anything it was actually. A smart ass comment to minitrucker69 cause I love Scott so much. And it. Turned in to this. Which is quiet comical if you ask me