Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Questions for PARC comp ATTENDEES

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #1
Gold Star Baby!

Default Questions for PARC comp ATTENDEES

I would like to know how many NOVICE drivers and their rigs will be attending our next comp and our future comps..
I ask this because we have been discussing and want to implement a full 3 course- 10 gates for our novice drivers.
We (the few of us that get there EARLY and set up the courses) would like to have an idea of the interest of setting up theses 3 course- 10 NOVICE gates..
We as a club want this for all crawlers out there so they are not pushed into our PRO courses that would discourage our novice drivers,we as a club want everyone to have FUN and are trying to develop completable courses for our novice drivers.. Pro courses are intended to challenge the PRO drivers,and are NOT intended to discourage the NOVICE drivers..

So with this explanation I encourage the NOVICE drivers to please show up early and help us set up NOVICE courses..PLEASE help us with a course design that will allow EVERONE to have FUN..

P.A.R.C. Member,

Marc
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #2

and at the last comp. (mini moab) the course i set up i used the same gates just different lines 1 pro 1 novice to get to the gate itself was that ok or to confusing? and how was the difficulty? (only novice drivers reply to the difficulty ? please)
1stockliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:06 PM   #3

Hi,

I'm not sure about this next comp because I'm waiting on some parts. But I'll be interested in as a novice for 1.9 and/or 2.2
Silicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I personally like Bretts course design with the Pro VS Sportsman gates or adding some Bonus section/Alternate gates for the agressive Pro drivers. Last time i checked our judges are not easy to come by. If you double the amount of courses wouldnt you need to double the amount of judges? Just throwing some thoughts out there. I believe in keeping it simple as much as possible but also accommodating for most everyone so as to keep the fun factor there for all.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I will for sure be there Sunday runnin sporty
jrcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkscrawler View Post
I personally like Bretts course design with the Pro VS Sportsman gates or adding some Bonus section/Alternate gates for the agressive Pro drivers. Last time i checked our judges are not easy to come by. If you double the amount of courses wouldnt you need to double the amount of judges? Just throwing some thoughts out there. I believe in keeping it simple as much as possible but also accommodating for most everyone so as to keep the fun factor there for all.

Thx Ryan for your input.. the extra judges wont be needed..the xtra courses will be added to each PRO course..So basically NOVICE will start from the samr Gate #1 Pro course..
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I would love this for Liam and he should be with me on Sunday. Are we looking to have "sportmans rigs" or are we looking to have a novice class with "Pro rigs"? I personally think both are cool and sportsman sound fun however the courses will get hard if we have pro's driving sportsman rigs in this class....Maybe if we want both we could have novice run dig "pro" rigs in the "novice" courses and sports man run the same courses with shafty no dig rigs. food for thought.
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
I would love this for Liam and he should be with me on Sunday. Are we looking to have "sportmans rigs" or are we looking to have a novice class with "Pro rigs"? I personally think both are cool and sportsman sound fun however the courses will get hard if we have pro's driving sportsman rigs in this class....Maybe if we want both we could have novice run dig "pro" rigs in the "novice" courses and sports man run the same courses with shafty no dig rigs. food for thought.

This is something that will be discussed sat night..my feeling is this...

ALL novice shall run any configuration of a 2.2 USRCCA legal rig......
ALL novice will agree to this and NO ONE driver will complain of another NOVICE driver winning because of having DIG,MOA,..this class is deemed NOVICE or what I refer to as FUN ROCK CRAWLING !!!

not to confuse PRO courses as FUN..its FUN for our experienced drivers.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
This is something that will be discussed sat night..my feeling is this...

ALL novice shall run any configuration of a 2.2 USRCCA legal rig......
ALL novice will agree to this and NO ONE driver will complain of another NOVICE driver winning because of having DIG,MOA,..this class is deemed NOVICE or what I refer to as FUN ROCK CRAWLING !!!

not to confuse PRO courses as FUN..its FUN for our experienced drivers.
There should be a limit to the number of comps you can run as a novice. And no DIG. It will make them better drivers in the end.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

I think sport/novice courses are a great idea. I also think the sport/novice guys should consider setting up there own courses and judging themselves. Of course they will need a little help from the more expeirenced drivers to get going.
I have somemore idea's as well.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:01 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I personally like Brett's plan of attack, same route as the pro but an alternate for the novice. You know a foot to the right or left and not floating a wheel over certain death. I also agree with Ryan having more actual/bonus routes for us pro drivers. I think with the combination It would not discourage the novice drivers yet still give them a feel for what they would need to work on to become better drivers and not create the need for more hard to come by judges
SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
There should be a limit to the number of comps you can run as a novice. And no DIG. It will make them better drivers in the end.
I disagree with this. With my just turned 5y/o I don't think he should have a cap as to how long he should be able to run novice. I think it should be at the discretion of the club...if someone is -20ing all the courses and winning on a regular basis they should be moved up. Also I would like Liam to be able to learn how to use DIG the correct way. Also it makes it easy for them to be working on a rig that can then be used in the Pro class once the are ready.

What you are going to get if you limit it to No dig is people building specific Sportsman rigs to get the upper hand in novice.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
Gold Star Baby!

We have had this discussion so many times......

So at our club meeting we will VOTE on it, sportsman drivers that want to succeed in the USRCCA sportsman class needs to speak up..otherwise this is going to be a NOVICE FUN class..but in the end its going to be up to the club members that attend and get their voice heard..If you cannot get to the meeting saturday night..Myself as a PARC officer will take your vote in my PM box...with that being said...Thank you for the responce on this subject and the replies we have been getting is what this thread was designed to do for the club..

As PRO drivers we want to see the sportsman get better and not stay in the novice class and sand bag..so I believe some of the responces are from the PRO drivers to have a restricted time of placement in novice,and the PRO drivers and NOVICE drivers that just want to have fun or have YOUNG kids in this sport give their responce....all in all this will come to a VOTE of the majority club members..

so with this being said this will be the areas to be voted on....

1-NOVICE shall include all 2.2 USRCCA legal rigs(moa,dig) with no limit on placement in NOVICE class except by club voting on a driver that is sandbagging..at which time we will discuss the winnings and determine the course of action..

2-Novice or SPORTSMAN shall include all 2.2 USRCCA legal rigs with a SPORTSMAN guide line no DIG,No MOA...
USRCCA rule number 2.5--2.5.6-2.5.7
2.5.8 states Optional..limitations to 1 motor powering both of the axles

so as you can see the way it looks is 2 different classes..1-as a club FUN class and 1-as a Sportsman Competition rules class..

votes will be counted and I hope this will settle the area for the classes in question..

PARCs goal is to keep our comps FUN for the Novie,beginner,sportsman...however you want to clarify your placement..

PARCs other goal in this subject is to have the most challenging courses for the PRO driver classes to keep them at the same level as the other PRO club drivers recognised thru USRCCA

Thank you for reading,
Marc
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
RCC Addict

So Marc what are your thoughts about having the "sportsman" defined by rules above be a pro class run following these rules and Novice being a rig stated in #1 and having them run the same courses?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
Gold Star Baby!

my thoughts only count as thoughts.... its votes that will SPEAK .but as I stated we need the SPORTSMAN drivers to speak up if that is a specified class they want to compete in..from what I have seen in the past couple years...NO SPORTSMAN drivers have come to the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or comp

Over the last few years I have seen drivers that want to compete in easier courses for FUN..thats fine..
I have yet to see a specific built SPORTSMAN rig built to compete in the USRCCA events..in our club comps..
Old 02-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I am in the process of turning my sportsman rig into a scaler, because there was no class for it. I was planning on running in the pro class at the next comp, because there were only two novice guys at the last comp. I don't really care either way, I always have fun at the comps no matter what. I would like to see scaler class at the comps as more so than a sportsman.
dingo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:44 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
my thoughts only count as thoughts.... its votes that will SPEAK .but as I stated we need the SPORTSMAN drivers to speak up if that is a specified class they want to compete in..from what I have seen in the past couple years...NO SPORTSMAN drivers have come to the table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or comp

Over the last few years I have seen drivers that want to compete in easier courses for FUN..thats fine..
I have yet to see a specific built SPORTSMAN rig built to compete in the USRCCA events..in our club comps..

That's cool You would know if there are people "pros" that are interested in running sportsman. I have two sportsman rigs (well two shafty 2.2's I would have to disable dig or pull it out) however, I think this was something defined in the rules that you can have it but NEVER use it...it is just adventageous to not have the weight of the dig unit in the chassis.

If people are not interested in a sportsman class then I VOTE #1 I can pm you my vote If you would like
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
That's cool You would know if there are people "pros" that are interested in running sportsman. I have two sportsman rigs (well two shafty 2.2's I would have to disable dig or pull it out) however, I think this was something defined in the rules that you can have it but NEVER use it...it is just adventageous to not have the weight of the dig unit in the chassis.

If people are not interested in a sportsman class then I VOTE #1 I can pm you my vote If you would like
CLARIFICATION for those who need it or cant find it...this is straight from the rules ....
2.5 –
Sportsman Class (Optional):

2.5.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches.

2.5.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 12.5 inches. This is determined by measuring
the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.

2.5.3 - Vehicle is limited to 2.2 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified, provided
that the tire bead surface does not exceed 2.2 inches in diameter. With a tire mounted, no exterior component of the
wheel, including but not limited to, the bead lock ring shall exceed 2.55". Tires may be modified from other sized tires
using only a pliable rubber, but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 6 inches.

2.5.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only.

2.5.5 – The body and Bodiless vehicles same as Class 2 vehicle –2.2 (See Sec. 2.3.5 & 2.3.6)

2.5.6 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 radio channels (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel
can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed, but only 2
channels may be used to control the vehicle.

2.5.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.

2.5.8 - (OPTIONAL) Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Back in the day PARC had a 14" wheel base, front steering only, 2 ch radio class. The Spec class was setup to bring new members into the club. It was the cheapest way to get into the sport at that time. We had Kevin, Mike, Chad, Tony, and myself that made a truck for the class. Not one new driver showed up with a spec rig. So it was dropped. Now there is a 1.9 class that fills that type of price range for new people coming into the hobby. I know from the past the sportsman class will never be more than a handfull of members, especialy now that there is a 1.9 class.
Now if you have a novice class will it be 2.2 only, and the new drivers with 1.9 rigs run with the Pros?
If I had a young driver starting out I would vote for #1 a Fun only Class.
When you compete it gets frustrating at times for some of us. I feel leaving out the competeing part and making it a learning class will be best.
We have lost members because they were not interested in competeing at a National level. They just wanted to drive their toy trucks for the fun of it. I know that it is a hard thing went it is a PARC Comp with so many top level drivers.
I say RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG FOR THE FUN CLASS. Let anyone run the fun courses. When those fun drivers choose to compete let them run with the Pros.
We have plenty of Gate Markers now let the fun only drivers do what ever makes them smile!

-Rick
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars69 View Post
I say RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG FOR THE FUN CLASS. Let anyone run the fun courses. When those fun drivers choose to compete let them run with the Pros.
We have plenty of Gate Markers now let the fun only drivers do what ever makes them smile!

-Rick
Agreed.

Im sure there are more than a few people that would be more than happy to set up a newb course for all to play on.
Also if there doing it for fun and not having fun competing why compete?
Just show up, hang out, and drive your toy truck.

You can show up and compete for free. Whats not fun about that?
Those that want to compete will and those who dont wont.

There was not a Novice/Sport class when I started a year and a half ago.
I take that back there was the 1.9 class and that is the Sport class.
I had fun and paid to get my ass handed to me.

Last edited by Hoppa; 02-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote