Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona
Loading

Notices

Thread: scaling in yuma PICS

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: wherever paypal sais.
Posts: 1,737
Default scaling in yuma PICS

Some pics from scaling at the marine corp air station.. just me b/c the scene is pretty lame here.. not sure why anyone would want to live in south arizona.. this place sucks ass.





have a lot more but my photobucket is participating in the special olympics! Will post the rest L8r
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: wherever paypal sais.
Posts: 1,737
Default

Some more












kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: wherever paypal sais.
Posts: 1,737
Default

And the last of em..










kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 1,138
Default

Pics look great.
Are you stationed in K-bay and on DET to Yuma?
If so you must be a Helo guy, I was stationed in Kbay back in 85 until 88. Took several trips to Yuma and you are correct, it is the ASS of the US, not a thing to do but kill stuff in the desert.
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: wherever paypal sais.
Posts: 1,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
Pics look great.
Are you stationed in K-bay and on DET to Yuma?
If so you must be a Helo guy, I was stationed in Kbay back in 85 until 88. Took several trips to Yuma and you are correct, it is the ASS of the US, not a thing to do but kill stuff in the desert.
You arre absolutly correct on all allogations...here for WTI with the ch-53d's hmh 362. Were you wing or ground side?
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Gilbert, Az
Posts: 375
Default

K,
don't judge the rest of the state from just Yuma!!!.... i have done some private base work there at the marine base & i hated being there too! although i could really see some good crawling out there

good luck with the training & thank you for your service!
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
Yashua
 
CREEPERBOB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Learn the parable of the fig tree
Posts: 3,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc dreemer View Post
K,
don't judge the rest of the state from just Yuma!!!.... i have done some private base work there at the marine base & i hated being there too! although i could really see some good crawling out there

good luck with the training & thank you for your service!

X2 ON YOUR SERVICE , AND ARIZONA ROCKS ROCK!
NICE SCALER TOO.

Last edited by CREEPERBOB; 09-27-2011 at 10:42 AM.
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohecrawler View Post
You arre absolutly correct on all allogations...here for WTI with the ch-53d's hmh 362. Were you wing or ground side?
Wing, fixed though. Was with VMFA-232 back in the day of F4 Phantoms.

Glad to see another Jar head on here.

What is your MOS? I was 6094 Airframes metal smith.
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:25 AM   #9
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Token's life matters
Posts: 1,836
Default

There is at least a dozen scalers here in yuma. And you if you wanted to comp crawl there will be a series including several comps right here in Yuma being announced in the very near future. All the fun, and none of the nonsense some clubs are known for.

PS, is that the rocks above the paintball field.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #10
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GILBERT
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
Pics look great.
Are you stationed in K-bay and on DET to Yuma?
If so you must be a Helo guy, I was stationed in Kbay back in 85 until 88. Took several trips to Yuma and you are correct, it is the ASS of the US, not a thing to do but kill stuff in the desert.

dont forget about Mexico!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
There is at least a dozen scalers here in yuma. And you if you wanted to comp crawl there will be a series including several comps right here in Yuma being announced in the very near future. All the fun, and none of the nonsense some clubs are known for.

PS, is that the rocks above the paintball field.
sweet I've always wondered if Yuma had some killer comp spots. see you soon!
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: wherever paypal sais.
Posts: 1,737
Default

Sweet! Yuma scaler people... I thought I was the only one.... anyone hit me up when you wanna go scaling... 808 589 7045 names travis..

The rocks in pics are on base behind the enlisted club...

6153 aiframes/hyd mech for ch 53d
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GILBERT
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohecrawler View Post
Sweet! Yuma scaler people... I thought I was the only one.... anyone hit me up when you wanna go scaling... 808 589 7045 names travis..

The rocks in pics are on base behind the enlisted club...

6153 aiframes/hyd mech for ch 53d
a framer? did u go to school in Pensacola?
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #13
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: wherever paypal sais.
Posts: 1,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
a framer? did u go to school in Pensacola?

i sure did!
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GILBERT
Posts: 751
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohecrawler View Post
i sure did!
when did u go there.

P.S. GO NAVY!
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #15
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Green Bay
Posts: 1,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
when did u go there.

P.S. GO NAVY!


LOL, good thing the Marines have the Navy, we do need drivers

Last time I was in Yuma, there was no such thing as RC crawling, all we did is bash on the dunes.
reddevildemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com