Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Crawl Sedona Trip end of April!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Crawl Sedona Trip end of April!!!

Cali-boys coming to visit. Well me and a few buddies are gonna be heading to Sedona to crawl the last weekend in April. Is anyone down to
Come check out the red rocks with us?
Jrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Crawl Sedona Trip end of April!!!

Do you have any areas in mind? Quite a few cool spots I saw there required permits so make sure your good. They are fairly strict in certain areas.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Where gonna rip up bell rock Forsure!!!and then from there it's where we end up??? My grandparents lived there when I was a kid and I had alot of fun hiking on the rocks with my gpa. Ever since I got involve with crawling about 2002. I've wanted to go! Then hot bodies released the Sedona. And it made me think I gotta crawl there. As far as I can tell the Rc crawl scene is either non existent or under the radar. I have a great group
Of guys ready to hit the road that weekend. I'm going to work on getting a yearly national event held thereI won't quite till
It's done lol. We are into 1.9Scalers but the berg will tag along for a day of comp Practice on the rocks. Spread the word The more
The better I'm going to be filming and it would be awsome To have a huge turn out on one of the weekend days we R there we will Host a free/Donations excepted fun comp if there is enough interest?? Maybe I can get Parker to tag along and do a g6???
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty530crawlers View Post
Cali-boys coming to visit. Well me and a few buddies are gonna be heading to Sedona to crawl the last weekend in April. Is anyone down to
Come check out the red rocks with us?
alot of the open recreation areas are anti going off the trails ive been booted out of a couple areas up there
jrcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Yeah, Sedona seems like they are too good to let people do anything other than ride in Jeep tours and buy tourist crap. That said, if you find some places that are okay to use I might be up for a weekend.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

i took my crawler on jordan trail and it was awsome but some hikers were pissed id be down for going if the turn out is worth it. i have a wraith
theblackmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Wow I guess it's changes a bit since I was a kid??? Where do they not allow the Rc"s? We do scale stuff so we would basically be hiking and crawling, I talked to Parker from axial this am. And he is gonna try to make the trip. If you guys can find a good comp spot around Sedona maybe even flagstaff or lake Powell?? We might be able to get a g6 your way???
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Parker already knows about Prescott, and there are some spots in Flag. Would have to dig up some real old NARCCA threads to find them again.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #9
RCC Addict

There are tire tracks on the rocks here. I don't know how they could get mad at RCs, but you never know. Lots of rock though.
34.842725,-111.755826 - Google Maps
Old 03-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

we were on a hikeing trail not a jeep trail
theblackmonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
RCC Addict

I was just looking for rocks not far from a road and ran across that. Looks promising, maybe a recon trip is in order..?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
There are tire tracks on the rocks here. I don't know how they could get mad at RCs, but you never know. Lots of rock though.
34.842725,-111.755826 - Google Maps

That actually the my gpa lived in lol!!!

We used to hike back there and it was awsome!!
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

There are plenty of areas to crawl there. Most of the good ones just require 4wd to get to. I have crawled there many times but it has always been hard to get a group comp because of the 4wd requirement to get back there
  • Submarine Rock
  • Lookout Point
  • Coffee Point Rock
  • Chicken Point
  • Etc..
I'd love to get a group back there as it rivals Moab & St George on the Wow factor of the terrain.

I am sure if we have enough interest... car-pooling could get people back to the site
jeepman128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I have an h2. But gonna try to leave it at home. But it may be required for the trip it's sounding like.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I just sent an email to a guy I know in Sedona. He is on the board with the forestry service for trail construction and mapping in Sedona. I've ridden mountain bikes with him. I'll see if he has any suggestions for places that are easily accessible.
dunerinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Looks like the spot I linked before is on Broken Arrow trail. There looks to be a parking lot not too far from that spot.
The other place that looked promising is along Schnebly Hill Rd. There are a few spots where it looks like it comes pretty close to big rock. Hard to tell what the terrain is really like though. I have just been looking for spots that are fairly close to some roads.

It will be interesting to hear the opinion of the Forest Service.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

He emailed me back and said there's a spot on Schnebly Hill Rd called Cow Pies. I'll get the gps coordinates for it. The other possibility is here 34°49'29.80"N 111°48'28.24"W
Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

It's crazy how the man can take over! When I was a kid I used to play with the native Indians everyweekend. I spent about 13 yrs in Sedona and I use to love it. I may be a lil disappointed it sounding like. I want to be able to put my rig down and crawl anything I see. I crawl in business center waterfalls and people come check it out and say that's bad ass. Ive never got kicked out?? Kinda disappoints that Sedonas magical flair of being able to go anywhere has changed. My guys are wanting to hit up Utah"s red rocks now we don't get hassled. I still want Sedona so try to get some goodnspots together. But if bell rock isn't one of them. It's not worth the trip for me
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It's crazy how the man can take over! When I was a kid I used to play with the native Indians everyweekend. I spent about 13 yrs in Sedona and I use to love it. I may be a lil disappointed it sounding like. I want to be able to put my rig down and crawl anything I see. I crawl in business center waterfalls and people come check it out and say that's bad ass. Ive never got kicked out?? Kinda disappoints that Sedonas magical flair of being able to go anywhere has changed. My guys are wanting to hit up Utah"s red rocks now we don't get hassled. I still want Sedona so try to get some goodnspots together. But if bell rock isn't one of them. It's not worth the trip for me
I mountain bike in Sedona quite a bit and the people there are super up tight about everything. There was a really nice trail that started at the end of a street. A couple neighbors didn't like seeing a couple of mountain bikes ride on their street every day so they fought it and got the entire trail system closed. All because access to the trail was on their street. This is a common trend in Sedona now unfortunately.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #20
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
it's crazy how the man can take over! When i was a kid i used to play with the native indians everyweekend. I spent about 13 yrs in sedona and i use to love it. I may be a lil disappointed it sounding like. I want to be able to put my rig down and crawl anything i see. I crawl in business center waterfalls and people come check it out and say that's bad ass. Ive never got kicked out?? Kinda disappoints that sedonas magical flair of being able to go anywhere has changed. My guys are wanting to hit up utah"s red rocks now we don't get hassled. I still want sedona so try to get some goodnspots together. But if bell rock isn't one of them. It's not worth the trip for me
how about this..... There is some amazing rock just west of sedona in prescott. If sedona is where you want to go thats great,but not far from there up the hill is watson lake,granite dells..these areas have endless trails..check out the az section for narcca details..pictures are on there web site also
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Crawl Sedona Trip end of April!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawl spots for my trip? Cnp22 Texas 4 05-02-2011 11:46 AM
Night Crawl April 9th all_scaled_out Florida 5 05-01-2011 07:00 PM
Crawl Days scheduled for April CaptainSafety West Virginia 1 04-05-2011 08:36 PM
benefit crawl april 13 9am rock_starr Arizona 6 04-14-2008 11:02 AM