Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Crawling Event for Phoenix local

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #1

Post Crawling Event for Phoenix local

Let's get ready for summer!!! but before it gets to hot I want to set something up for the local guys that don't get the chance to travel outside of valley for events!!! but anyone is welcome to show up....
I will be putting stuff together as the date gets closer going after some of the big guys for support this way those that enter get something awesome in return!!!!
Rigid Industries is on board
Warehouse 3 is on board
(ME) Clearline design - I'm going to be giving away a custom painted body with all the sponsor and the event name...
SO its going to be pretty laid back not going to be to many rules we are here to have fun and play this toy cars

Looking to set this thing up around June 14 2014
posting will be on here a couple different places on facebook and at AZRCR.com
I'm not going to make another web site with a another club name to add to the list for Arizona the AZRCR has already been started and they have a pretty good outreach already!!!
I'll keep you guys posted as i find out more... the only thing I'm asking from you guys is some insight on what you would like to see

Thanks Josh
clearline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Crawling Event for Phoenix local

sounds great.
what kind of event you planning ? u4rc rock racing ? rally racing or rock crawling comp/trials?
I'm totally up for wheel to wheel rock racing or rally stuff.....
advise......
BoulderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #3

No water!
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #4

Like I said kinda going after what the people what that's you guys!!! No water!!! Some sort of rock racing for dan!! I have a scale scx10
Old 04-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
No water!
Hahahaha! I think several folks from Sunday would agree!
BuzzinHornets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I have an scx10 also.....

maybe we could kinda have a one-design class,
kinda like they do in sailboat racing ??

actually, if we do wheel to wheel, rock racing,
we could use the u4rc sites rules for said entertainment...

I don't think the rally car guys are organized enough, yet....

it's like, do it, and if it doesn't work, adjust....

just sayin'.......
Old 04-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'm sure there are enough rally drivers among our ranks. the U4RC rules are pretty well defined and w/ the class breakdown it could actually work
rock_starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:42 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Location: Between the thoughts of yesterday and the ideas of tomorrow

Been needing a reason to convert the tc3 into a rally car. Damon, probably going to need your help with this one
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #9

I really like where this is going!! And just a update poison spyder customs is on board!!!
It really doesn't need to be to technical on rules this is going to be a test run to what's to come and from the email I just got rigid industries those guys out there are hooking it up! I'm still pulling as much as I can in and the list keeps getting longer on who else to get into contact with!! Thinking about getting daystar on as well those guys are local
You'll see me name off a lot of the 1:1 guys I want them to see what we put into our own little evil creations.
Entry fees are still undecided but are not going to break the bank..
I'm doing this more for me and you guys not only to meet up and have fun but be able maybe go home with something as well!!!
So please keep the gears spinning on what you guys would like to see and how it would work to every ones benefit!
And if there's anyone you guys can think of that you would like to see some participation don't be afraid to speak up and let me know!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
RCC Addict

So I'm a little confused, you are planning an event and have the date and place, just not the type of event..? I can appreciate the effort into planning an event and am interested to see what you are after. The local comp (PARC) and scale (ASTR) clubs have just wrapped up their respective seasons, so if this is a summer series indoor, I can see there would a possibility for good attendance. But what kind of rigs are we talking about?
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

hhhmmmnnn !!!
this thread seems to be in the same vein that the Rumble @ Rye Creek was yet is sparking way more interest, that's cool....

let's just race !!
I have the u4rc rig and if it'll be rally, i'll get one of those too
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #12

I'm not trying to step on any toes with and of the other clubs and there events just trying to put something together for everyone before it gets hot!! Not going to be any harsh rules!!!
Pretty much a mild event for those that can't really comp because they haven't got them selfs up for it or there rigs!!!
Really open to anything
Classes- 1.9 2.0 gates, rock racing
Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearline View Post
I'm not trying to step on any toes with and of the other clubs and there events just trying to put something together for everyone before it gets hot!! Not going to be any harsh rules!!!
Pretty much a mild event for those that can't really comp because they haven't got them selfs up for it or there rigs!!!
Really open to anything
Classes- 1.9 2.0 gates, rock racing
exactly........

that's what I wanted to do.....just race.....
figure it out and adjust as needed along the way....

I am willing to help where and as I can....advise..

"let's race !!"

db
Old 04-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I think it's cool that you are getting something together but I would like to make a helpful suggestion.

Before you start talking up an event and potential sponsors of said event I would start by creating an "event suggestion thread" and then grow from there. It seems to me that this event as cool as it could and potentially will be is going backwards not forward.

Don't worry about stepping on toes here PARC and ASTR are established clubs in the valley and welcome new fresh ideas that can only help the hobby grow when done in an appropriate manner and in the right order.

Something else that might make some people take this/you seriously is if you tell us a little about you, your background in the hobby, etc. as I see you are very new here on RCC and know one knows you from Adam on here.

-Brian
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

clearline.... check your pm's.....
Old 04-18-2014, 07:36 AM   #16

Bmuzz-Brian
I agree it could go backwards but in the same sense I have know people who talk about doing things and never end up doing it!!! Let's look at this way I talk about putting a different motor in my rig and it may or may not work but you never know how it's going to run till you end up putting the motor in hooking up the battery and go put it on the rocks...

And on a side note about the no one knows me on here...
My name is Josh Trozzo, born and raised here in the valley on the sun!
I have been into Rc for the last ten plus years I have ran everything from 1/5 - 1/18 scale as
Of right now the rigs sitting around are scx10, sc10b, Losi 5ive-T, 1/16 summit
I don't get the chance really race no day with work and the side job after work
I work at a off road shop and at the end of the day i do custom airbrushing for a lot of the guys that run local and that run out of town!
Now I just filled out a profile for a dating websit lol
If you would like to know more just ask and I'll fill you in as best I can.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

There is a void to be filled with the U4RC shizz but there is only one chance for a first impression with drivers and sponsors. willy nilly is not the way, before you get sponsors involved it would be a good idea to feel out an event or two, get your feet wet before you dive in, and it will do better justice to the event and sponsors/drivers will want to return rather than wonder why they ever bothered. sometimes there are too many variables and it is up to the event coordinator to make some informed decisions and stick to their guns , rather than try and please the masses.
nappahdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearline View Post
Bmuzz-Brian
I agree it could go backwards but in the same sense I have know people who talk about doing things and never end up doing it!!!.
My point exactly! since we don't know you and you have zero hystery here on RCC how are we supposed to know your not just another one of those guys?

I'm just playing devils advocate here and if this going to happen start by asking and listening to the masses and find out what we're looking for before you start with the whole sponsor thing. I'm sure they would like to know what type of event you've got in mind to.

As Nappahdog said there is a lot of interest in U4RC right now so it may be the direction you want to consider taking this event.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axail, competition, losi crawler, scx10, wraith

Crawling Event for Phoenix local - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 NENQ (Local Hobby Shop at event) Jslick Northeast National Championship 4 02-20-2014 08:37 PM
Crawling in Phoenix RedcatRacing Arizona 2 02-05-2009 10:49 PM
Phoenix Area Crawling AZ-Savage Arizona 2 06-25-2005 11:48 PM
PARC, Phoenix Arizona May 8th Event......Pics roktoy General Crawlers 17 05-11-2005 09:08 AM
PARC, Phoenix Arizona May 8th Event kevinlongisland Competitions 51 05-08-2005 08:51 AM