Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona

Notices

Thread: Tucson - "Rock Racing"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2015, 02:02 PM   #1

Default Tucson - "Rock Racing"

Hey everyone!

I'm starting this thread in hopes of somewhat organizing the U4 scene in Tucson. If this is already set in place via another channel, please let me know.

I can't help but notice just how many spots there are in Tucson that would make for an ideal U4 track...and with that comes my idea:

A few of us get together at one of these spots, map out the "track" using markers (flags, cones, chalk based paint, something ???) to make gates, boundaries, etc. We then pick a date/time a few weeks out to give everyone time to get some practice in. Get together at said time with some cold drinks maybe a bbq and have an afternoon of some rock racing r/c fun.

As you can tell, this idea is currently in it's first stage of planning. Please, post your thoughts and ideas and let's get this rolling!

-Wes
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2015, 03:46 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Tucson - "Rock Racing"

good idea !

we did something similar here in Payson called The Ides of March, you may have noticed some posts about it.

if you go to FB page arizona u4rc club that seems to be more locally info oriented than this but both work.
info and vid & pics of the Ides are posted there.

go for it !!!!
BoulderDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Let's do this....
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

We are working with Andy at HobbyBarn on 21st about building one on sight. Go in there and talk to him and get more interest going. Its pretty much going to happen. We are also looking at maybe sharing some land with the East side RC air field. We are also trying to work with Musselmans motorsport part and using some of thier stuff.
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:07 PM   #5

Awesome idea cant wait for more info.
hotscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
RCC Addict

andy went to hobbybarn?
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:03 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Andrew Hines at Hobbybarn. We are also meeting up at windypoint for some scale crawling on Sunday. Hoping to talk to him some more then.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:39 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Do you have a link ? Cant seem to find the page.... I am in chandler right now and would love to hook up with folks and do a little u4 while I am in town this week
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderDan View Post
good idea !

we did something similar here in Payson called The Ides of March, you may have noticed some posts about it.

if you go to FB page arizona u4rc club that seems to be more locally info oriented than this but both work.
info and vid & pics of the Ides are posted there.

go for it !!!!
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #9

Alright...since we've got some interest going here, i say we pick a date/place and have ourselves a little U4 race.

My vote is for a small park I just found on the SW corner of Midvale Park Rd and Headley Rd that I think will be perfect!

As for a date; how does Saturday June 20th sound? That will give us time to both check out the proposed location and spread the word.

If anyone would like to meet up two weekends from now (june 6th/7th) to help plot out a course, let me know.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:38 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

there is u4rc racing at Fear Farm this saturday, under the lights.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Alright...since we've got some interest going here, i say we pick a date/place and have ourselves a little U4 race.

My vote is for a small park I just found on the SW corner of Midvale Park Rd and Headley Rd that I think will be perfect!

As for a date; how does Saturday June 20th sound? That will give us time to both check out the proposed location and spread the word.

If anyone would like to meet up two weekends from now (june 6th/7th) to help plot out a course, let me know.

go to Tucson rc crawlers on fb and post on there, you might have some luck getting some guys together. I believe sunday they are having a gtg at A mountain around 8am
tremorclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

We are getting together June 14th up at Sykes Knob on MT lemmon. But the 20th is open as of right now
Old 06-05-2015, 11:35 AM   #13

I'll be there on the 14th for some crawling that's for sure.

...and for anyone interested, I'll be heading to the park at Midvale Park & Headley tomorrow morning around 9am to see if that spot will work out. I'll be sure to take/post some videos to hopefully get all the yeti / twin hammer guys in the area hyped up.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:08 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

This is super cool to here! We would love to hear about this on the Arizona U4 RC Club facebook page, and would love to help out in any way we can. We are running races at Fear Farm about every 3 weeks, and are racing nights for summer like Dan said. Anyways, if you guys have a race/event/track build, please let us know and we will see how many guys from the valley can come on up!

"If you build it, they will come!"

-Phil
CrawlAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:29 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Thanks Phil

need to get something going down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlAZ View Post
This is super cool to here! We would love to hear about this on the Arizona U4 RC Club facebook page, and would love to help out in any way we can. We are running races at Fear Farm about every 3 weeks, and are racing nights for summer like Dan said. Anyways, if you guys have a race/event/track build, please let us know and we will see how many guys from the valley can come on up!

"If you build it, they will come!"

-Phil
Old 06-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #16

I'm starting to think that setting a date/location was a bit premature. I have received ZERO interest/inquiries in regatds to this. With that said, I'm going to scratch the the 20th and focus on building interest.

I'll be at Sykes Knob this weekend to talk it up and hopefully have a better idea if there will be enough local interest to make this venture worthwhile.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

[QUOTE=Wesley;5240861]I'm starting to think that setting a date/location was a bit premature. I have received ZERO interest/inquiries in regatds to this. With that said, I'm going to scratch the the 20th and focus on building interest.

but a lot of the people don't get onto rcc forums so they might not even know that your trying to get the interest up, but posting on the u4 or Tucson rc pages would get a better following of people
tremorclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #18

Very true...unfortunately, I do not have a FaceBook account. I'll talk with all the "crawlers" this weekend and hopefully i can talk another interested party into beating the social media drum.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

I am a moderator on Tucson RC Crawlers face book page. Let me ask a couple of other and see if they would like us to post up on there. Also go talk to Andrew at Hobby Barn on 21st. We are thinking of building a course with him there. Show him interest and it'll push him more to start a build. We are also hoping to let Musselmans motorsport park to let us use the Crawler pit to build someting there
Old 06-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
Very true...unfortunately, I do not have a FaceBook account. I'll talk with all the "crawlers" this weekend and hopefully i can talk another interested party into beating the social media drum.

you can use the arizona u4rc club FB page to post up events.
works for me.

Tucson - "Rock Racing" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go from Losi "Rock Claws" w/ memory foams to HB "Rovers" (pink) w/ Proline Dual Stage luvmycompax10 Tires and Wheels 4 01-11-2012 04:13 PM
"KING OF THE LAKE" rock racing challenge. buggy Tennessee 28 10-20-2011 05:13 PM