Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Arizona
Loading

Notices

Thread: OFFICIAL: Arizona Rock Crawlers Picture thread.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Posts: 271
Default OFFICIAL: Arizona Rock Crawlers Picture thread.

This will be the official thread for all Arizona crawlers to post up their pics of crawling at a crawling spot in Arizona. Just post up any and all you have of crawling in Arizona! Post them all up!










Cool, I am the first to post in the AZ forum. lol

Last edited by Krawlin; 01-09-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky
 
Offroader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arizona Desert/AJ
Posts: 3,073
Default

Pics of the 2.2:


Pics of the super:

Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Posts: 271
Default

Beautiful rigs man! What kind of chassis do you have on your super? Looks kinda like an NN copy to me, did you make it? I do like that design. And I really like the beefy looks of those links... delrin I take it? Do you use metal rod inside of them to stiffen up those links?
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #4
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky
 
Offroader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arizona Desert/AJ
Posts: 3,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
Beautiful rigs man! What kind of chassis do you have on your super? Looks kinda like an NN copy to me, did you make it? I do like that design. And I really like the beefy looks of those links... delrin I take it? Do you use metal rod inside of them to stiffen up those links?
Just a home-made thin aluminum plate chassis I cut out with some shears That was hard on the hands and I know better now...stupid newb i was

The links are acetal and they are solid 3/8"...so no rod was needed down the center, they're plenty rigid even at their 8" length.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Vista, Arizona
Posts: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
Just a home-made thin aluminum plate chassis I cut out with some shears That was hard on the hands and I know better now...stupid newb i was

The links are acetal and they are solid 3/8"...so no rod was needed down the center, they're plenty rigid even at their 8" length.
Wow... Would you go as far as saying they are stronger than aluminum links? And are they really slippery?
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky
 
Offroader5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arizona Desert/AJ
Posts: 3,073
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
Wow... Would you go as far as saying they are stronger than aluminum links? And are they really slippery?
Not that I would say they are stronger. The acetal links do flex some...even the 3/8", but not more than about 1/4" over the whole length. I like them over aluminum for that reason alone. Aluminum would be too rigid and would cause the mounts and/or chassis to have to absorb all the shock. With the acetal, since they flex a bit, it takes some of the shock away from the other parts. Like a crumple zone

And yes, another reason they are nice is because they are slippery. Slides over the rocks instead of dragging and gouging into aluminum links.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
RCC Addict
 
cars69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MESA, AZ.
Posts: 1,043
Default

This is My 2.2 SW3 Comp Rig


Last edited by cars69; 01-22-2008 at 10:08 PM.
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Tan Valley
Posts: 4,267
Default

My AX-10 comp rig

Name:  2008 PARC Comp Rig001.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  96.6 KB
Here's my new body painted by FTR
Name:  comp #2 08 ,1.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  91.4 KB

Last edited by bmuzz1; 03-07-2008 at 11:27 PM.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:40 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cloud 9
Posts: 159
Default

this is my ax-10 2.2



BlazinKreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 0
Default

hey all

i just moved here a few months ago from back east and looking for some people to go crawl with. i have a 2.2 with a jeep body. i will post some pics when i get home tonight. making a weird noise in the front axle right now but i am sure its an easy fix. i live in north phoenix if anyone knows of some good spots.
offroadbabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
RCC Addict
 
cars69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MESA, AZ.
Posts: 1,043
Default My Super

This is my 17" TCS Stick with two Novak Brushless Goats

cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper
 
Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N. Phoenix
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadbabes View Post
hey all

i just moved here a few months ago from back east and looking for some people to go crawl with. i have a 2.2 with a jeep body. i will post some pics when i get home tonight. making a weird noise in the front axle right now but i am sure its an easy fix. i live in north phoenix if anyone knows of some good spots.

My brother and I live in N. PHX also PM me, there's a few spots around here.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #13
RCC Addict
 
cars69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MESA, AZ.
Posts: 1,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
My brother and I live in N. PHX also PM me, there's a few spots around here.
I sent him a PM yesterday he didn't respond.
How was the Dunes?

Rick
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper
 
Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N. Phoenix
Posts: 440
Default

My super,
Attached Images
   
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper
 
Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N. Phoenix
Posts: 440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars69 View Post
I sent him a PM yesterday he didn't respond.
How was the Dunes?

Rick
We didn't go but we ARE going Presidents Day weekend Fri-Mon. for our dads B-day.


Interested????
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #16
RCC Addict
 
cars69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: MESA, AZ.
Posts: 1,043
Default New Body for SW3

Well everyone has new updated riggs for 08 so I changed out
my custom one of a kind rock weight. I also painted my first
body and mounted it on the old SW3.


RICK-
cars69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Tan Valley
Posts: 4,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars69 View Post
Well everyone has new updated riggs for 08 so I changed out
my custom one of a kind rock weight. I also painted my first
body and mounted it on the old SW3.
RICK-
looks good Rick, I like the colors!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #18
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GILBERT
Posts: 751
Default

i like it!
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #19
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tucson
Posts: 584
Default

TK Twister chassis, sidewinder esc, WK axles, and a whole lot more. Switching to Helios body this week
Attached Images
 
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com