Dan
Hulksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 12:27 AM   #422
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowndsy View Post
Id personally space out the shocks to make up the width. Hardware cant be used to get width (bolts) but spacers and shocks can. Have a look at the riddler and remedy chassis. They use shock spacers to gain the required width
Well that's a much simpler way of doing it than Stuffing about trying to widen the whole cab! Does it have to be both front and rear, or can it just be rear? i kinda like where the shocks are now on the front. I'm concerned that i'll get increased tire rub if i space the top out more.
But the rear could come out fine.

I've been looking at the riddler for a while now. (only bought the chaotic cause it was cheep!!) but will be needing a new chassis for my son's rig soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksta View Post
Looks like you have it covered.

With the body panels they can be clear lexan or lexan with stickers, paint etc

Cheers
Dan
Thanks mate! Just want to make sure i've not missed anything! I'd hate to turn up to a comp only to find out i don't have a compliant rig.
Since you've chipped into the conversation anyway, might be a good time to ask if your riddler comes with links? The boy's rig currently runs bully V1's, but am getting him a set of B2's soonish. I've been tossing up between the Sudu and riddler. I think i'd like to give my money to local if i can.
prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:43 AM   #423
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet View Post
Does it have to be both front and rear, or can it just be rear? i kinda like where the shocks are now on the front. I'm concerned that i'll get increased tire rub if i space the top out more.
The width just has to be at one point. As long as at some point on the chassis it meets or exceeds the width spec you right.
LAY80N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:45 AM   #424
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAY80N View Post
The width just has to be at one point. As long as at some point on the chassis it meets or exceeds the width spec you right.
Excellent!!

Thanks very much for the help guys! I really appreciate it!!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:58 AM   #425
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet View Post
Well that's a much simpler way of doing it than Stuffing about trying to widen the whole cab! Does it have to be both front and rear, or can it just be rear? i kinda like where the shocks are now on the front. I'm concerned that i'll get increased tire rub if i space the top out more.

I've been looking at the riddler for a while now. (only bought the chaotic cause it was cheep!!) but will be needing a new chassis for my son's rig soon.

Thanks mate! Just want to make sure i've not missed anything! I'd hate to turn up to a comp only to find out i don't have a compliant rig.
Since you've chipped into the conversation anyway, might be a good time to ask if your riddler comes with links? The boy's rig currently runs bully V1's, but am getting him a set of B2's soonish. I've been tossing up between the Sudu and riddler. I think i'd like to give my money to local if i can.
Mr Links in QLD is making links for the riddler, in both SS & Ti.. he can be found on facebook our PM me you number and i can pass it onto him

If you was to rock up to next years nats you wouldnt be turned away, we are a community and help each other out, enough of us to help get it in spec
Old 05-31-2015, 01:08 AM   #426
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulksta View Post
Mr Links in QLD is making links for the riddler, in both SS & Ti.. he can be found on facebook our PM me you number and i can pass it onto him

If you was to rock up to next years nats you wouldnt be turned away, we are a community and help each other out, enough of us to help get it in spec
Awesome mate! Cheers for that!
I'll be hitting you up soon to order a chassis!

Just got this done. Rear shocks. The camera angle is bad, but the flange of the ball end (not screw head) to flange is right bang on 76mm.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:58 AM   #427
RCC Addict

Rodends, balls, screws, nuts do not make up part of the width
Old 05-31-2015, 03:18 AM   #428
Rock Stacker

So has to be done with solid spacers? Can't use balls as spacers? Why is that? I mean i'll change to normal spacers it's no drama, but i dont see much of a difference.
And then the width is measured to where the inside of both rod end balls start?

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-31-2015, 03:40 AM   #429
Rock Stacker

Better?

Old 06-01-2015, 12:52 AM   #430

As long as the width is good, should be good to go
lowndsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:45 AM   #431
RCC Addict

I could be wrong but spacers are considered as hardware too.. it needs to be a part of the chassis, it can be material cut out to blend into the chassis design as its "not hardware"... On another not i personally wouldnt run spacers like that as its great for bending and snapping while at a comp, also keep the brace between the shocks as its great for helping reduce fatigue on the CF

This pic gives an example of what im talking about...
Old 06-02-2015, 12:08 AM   #432
Rock Stacker

Cheers for the help guys. I was wondering about the durability of it set up like that.
I have some CF scraps floating around the shed, I've kinda got a loose idea of something i could do to space it out but still look like it should be part of the chassis. If that don't work i have a delrin skid from a sling shot chassis i could sacrifice, cut up and work like your above example.

Also here is the build thread of the rig, if any are willing to go through it and see if there is anything else that i may have missed, could be lacking or are flat out wrong, or have better suggestions on how to's?

Prophet's Bully 2

It's kinda hard to get this kinda 'know how' down here when there aren't any clubs for them.

Once again thanks for the great help guys!
Old 06-02-2015, 12:12 AM   #433
RCC Addict

Your on the right track though, only a matter of time before others in your area follow ;)
Old 06-03-2015, 11:58 PM   #434
Rock Stacker

ok. Couple of delrin chunks instead.

Camera angle is crappy but it sits on 79mm.

There's no hardware other than the screws on the inside of the chassis. Is it passable?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:23 AM   #435
Rock Stacker

Looks fine to me mate, only thing id sugest is to sand them down from the rear corner to inline with the cab to help it slide past objects rather than catching ; )
Carlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:42 AM   #436
RCC Addict

Yep thats within the written rules

Cheers
Dan