Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Edge chassis questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Edge chassis questions...

I think I am wanting to build up an AX10 with the Edge chassis. So here are my questions...

On the stock chssis, the CKRC stg 2 mod seems to really be the way to go. Will this mod benefit the Edge chassis too?

What are the best shocks you guys like to run? What oil wt.?

Thanks for any input you might have for me.

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I had what you could call the stage 2 mods done to my truck. I just didn't waste my money buying the kit from CKRC I went to my LHS and bought all the little stuff and saved money. When I had my edge built I was running full droop with the axial shocks then I got a set of 4" hot bodies shocks and put the axial shafts in them and limitied the flex a lot and it gave me the ride height I needed. As for shock oil I was running 75 wt. I seen a guy running 1000wt and those socks performed perfect so my next build I will tryout 1000wt oil.

I hope I helped.
Justin
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks bro, think you could post a pic or two for me?

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i'm also looking at this chassis, what is the CKRC stage 2 mod?
thanks
Daddydancool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i run the edge chassis with traxxas aluminum big bores. i am currently running the stock red springs with 30wt oil and it performs very well. i don't believe you can do the stage 2 mod unless you make some new mounts for the upper links. one guy on the site did that. it looked like he braized some 3mm nuts to the inner side of the upper link mouting holes to extend them back further. i tried running droop with the stock axial shocks but didn't care for the ride height. the big bores at full spring still gives a low enough ride height with about 2.5" or so of ground clearance...
madmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Here it is droop on the stock axial shocks with 1/4" of fuel tubing to give it a lift for around 2 1/2" to 2 3/4" of GC.

Here it is droop on 4" hotbodies shocks. with 3/8" fuel tube on the rear shocks and 1/4 fuel tube on the front shocks with axial shock shafts in all four shocks for 2 1/2" of ground clearance and a pretty low CG.

Here are my shocks, give you an idea of the fuel tubing in them lol I didn't like the blue sooo I stripped all four and painted the threads black.

Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

the edge was not engineered to run the "stage 2" mods. that isnt the geometry or setup that was intended. use your search button to see what people have done to their edge. then try out what you think is best and makes the most sense. ill give you a hint, search to find what kamikaze has posted on the subject. i think he just might know a thing or two about this chasis
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote