RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   Jake Hallenbeck from CKRC...you holding my Scorpion for Ransom??? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/100714-jake-hallenbeck-ckrc-you-holding-my-scorpion-ransom.html)

RedBullRockIt 01-14-2008 01:33 PM

Jake Hallenbeck from CKRC...you holding my Scorpion for Ransom???

You know, I musta been crazy when Jake said, "send me your Scorpion, and I'll do a little tweaking." My comment was, "If it'll help me beat that little girl in my next comp, you got it!" ;)

The conversation went something like this...

Jake: Hi Dustin, I've been thinking...you know how you got beat by that girl?

me: Don't bring it up...months later, I'm still seeing a shrink.

Jake; you don't need a shrink for that...maybe for other things, but not that...you need to send me your Scorpion and I'll solve your problem.

me: What exactly do you have in mind Jake?

Jake: some stuff...

me: what kind of stuff and what'll it cost?

Jake: some stuff that'll help you beat that lil girl that gives you nightmares...what's that worth to you?

me: u'mmmmm, my wife'll kill me if I spend too much.

Jake: have you seen how inexpensive these mods are lately? Dirt cheap compared to just a year or two ago. Add those to your already great Scorpion, and you'll be smiling.

me: that doesn't answer my question...WHAT are you planning on doing, and what's the price.

Jake: stuff...just trust me, and cheap enough that you'll soon forget about it after wiping the rocks with that lil girl.

me: I dunno...I know you build cool "STUFF" but without knowing what your plans are and what it'll cost...I'm struggling a bit with this. What do you have in mind!?!?

Jake: I told you...stuff

me: I'll call you back.

next day -

Jake: Hello?

me: what's your address where I can send my Scorpion...I had another nightmare!

Jake, it's been two weeks...I've been going crazy. I know you're being secretive, but cummon...I figure if I post up here, it'll put the pressure on for you to give up at least a little of what you have planned. BTW, because of your secretiveness, the nightmares have not stopped...they only get worse as she's not only fearless, but also probably out practicing right now. In fact, I'm sure dad's helping her fill those tires with helium right now! Gimmie something to go on!

And to the mods...this first post doesn't include tech...I know...but hopefully, it soon will include tech and some shots of what Jake's not telling me!

balang_479 01-14-2008 02:01 PM

im curious myself now, wonder what itll look like when you get it back...

RedBullRockIt 01-14-2008 02:07 PM

I expect he's doing suspension mods...I was tuning and tweaking it myself and called a few times with questions. He knows that in our 1:1 competitions, we use different technique and lines than most other teams, so hopefully he's adapting for our style (hint, hint Jake ;) )

Bergamo...Becca and I lived on Lago di Garda for a summer...are you at Aviano??? I seem to remember that being there, or close by.

roktoy 01-14-2008 02:19 PM

Way to call him out Dustin :-)

Jay

Rockpiledriver 01-14-2008 02:22 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Flatcrawlr 01-14-2008 02:27 PM

Maybe it's with those fawkin parts I bought 2 weeks ago and haven't received...:flipoff:

KING BLING 01-14-2008 03:00 PM

bailey nightmares (stg2)?

Even though you called me out (claws), we cant tell ya what we have going on yet(r2 disconnect). rccar action has the upper hand on this and you know how magazines are about having (rooster) fresh news.

I will say your (333 oz servo) going to love the new ride (wheels) and it will be competition worthy. All your going to have to do is figure out how to drive it, or let the wife show you how.:flipoff:

KRAWLR4life 01-14-2008 03:09 PM

Hey Dustin....
SHE'S WATCHING YOU....

http://www.subvurt.com/junk/scary.jpg

SWEET DREAMS..... lol

Skeeno 01-14-2008 03:20 PM

Hey RedBullRockIt, did you compete at the Donner WeRock? I think I parked next to you. I was the guy with the horse trailer.

Welcome to the world of RC.

RedBullRockIt 01-14-2008 03:25 PM

Did you just use the "B" WORD!?!?!?! You used HER name in MY thread!??!!??!

Don't do that!!! My shrink says that if I just reduce her to a lil girl in my mind, I'll be able to handle it. Putting a real name to your fears only makes them stronger!!!

And lemmie tell you, NO WAY AM I CLICKING THAT PICTURE LINK!!! I don't wanna see her face, don't want to see what she's been up to, don't want to know what she's currently driving...in my mind, she's just a little girl and that's the way it needs to stay so I can hold a level and calm mind!

Jake, now I see a little what you're up to...though I'm a dummy on much of it as I have to spend all my time focusing on the 1:1 world. Looks like I'm going to need to search out some of those (hints) so I can actually figure out what they are and what they do...and more importantly, how they'll help me with my "lil" problem. And don't turn that last comment around...you know EXACTLY what I mean. I don't have any other "lil" problems.

As for the wife showing me how to drive...what is it with females???

william g 01-14-2008 03:28 PM

argh don't you just hate waiting, even if it is for good reason?

I smell a JR Z9100T servo, it has 333 oz/in

I'm waiting for my order from Jake too, I have my goat system and the above mentioned servo here waiting for a truck to go in. :D

Rockpiledriver 01-14-2008 03:39 PM

I'll tell "HER" you said hi. :lol:

KRAWLR4life 01-14-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver (Post 1006819)
I'll tell "HER" you said hi. :lol:

Is this the sweet, innocent little child Dustin is talking about....
Looks harmless to me...:D

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/attac...1&d=1189126886

I'm just messing with you Dustin... You know we love you.....

KRAWLR4life 01-14-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBullRockIt (Post 1006797)

As for the wife showing me how to drive...what is it with females???

We are the lesser being now... :lol:

KING BLING 01-14-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life (Post 1006841)
We are the lesser being now... :lol:

I DISAGREE!, but i respectfully agree.;)

Rockpiledriver 01-14-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRAWLR4life (Post 1006838)
Looks harmless to me...:D

Looks FAR from harmless to me. Especially with that...look :shock:

666 01-14-2008 04:08 PM

I know I am scared!

JUSTGOINGSLOW 01-14-2008 04:11 PM

NOW thats funny LOL :D

jason 01-14-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KING BLING (Post 1006755)
All your going to have to do is figure out how to drive it

Something Dustin has been trying to figure out for years...:flipoff:

balang_479 01-14-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBullRockIt (Post 1006669)
I expect he's doing suspension mods...I was tuning and tweaking it myself and called a few times with questions. He knows that in our 1:1 competitions, we use different technique and lines than most other teams, so hopefully he's adapting for our style (hint, hint Jake ;) )

Bergamo...Becca and I lived on Lago di Garda for a summer...are you at Aviano??? I seem to remember that being there, or close by.

No i live in Bergamo near Milan, Lago di Garda must have been nice. I have sunday lunches there sumtime, which town i cant remember the name..

Luckily we have no little girls crawling with us... YET...