Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Your thoughts on sw3 setups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Your thoughts on sw3 setups

As the title says, I was wondering about different setups. Not just oil weight and gear ratio, I mean slightly bigger things like 60/40 links and droop set ups. This has been bugging me and I figured some others might need some guidance with it also. Well does any one run there sw3 60/40 or similar or drooped? I havnt seen any but they may be out there. I am not sure what to get. I am pretty sure on traxxas big bores now. But I did think of going droop on the stock shocks. Your thoughts?
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I run a 50/50 set up with big bores and love it. I put my top links in the bottom hole and notched my skid plate and put the bottoms there. Im not sure if anyone runs a droop. If I put mine droop, the bottom would only be about an inch off the ground. But you do whatever you like. Its your rig and whatever works for you.
juststartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I run 60/40 with 70% droop and have found it to be very capable. It will not stand on it's side but it climbs and side hills great. I also use the stock shocks, I thought the big bores left the belly clearance just a little low for me.

Last edited by stanbro; 01-18-2008 at 03:22 PM.
stanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Cool I didnt think I would get any replies at all...

Looks like your mounting your battery on the servo plate. To me that ended up kind of high so I mount mine on the axles. Thats the only thing I see keeping it from side standing. But as long as it works when it counts who cares if it tips over on a table lol.
I am still waiting on my chassis. Since no one would like to discuss set ups I think I am just gunna order the TCs plates and install 50/50 high clearance links.
cembom is offline   Reply With Quote