Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Pearl Edge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Trimmy's Edge

Well I ordered my edge on Tuesday and it arrived at my door Friday morning. I have to admit this thing is simple but awesome, here are some pics right out of the box

This is my donor truck. I am running a novak rooster crawler, integy matrix pro 55t motor, Tower Pro MG995 servo, and a 3ch Traxxas receiver. I am running TCS medium internal springs, the lower links are moved in, I'm running 70mm upper links in the rear with 6mm spacers at each 3 link connector.

When I ordered my edge they didn't have any panels ins stock so I bought a sheet of .030 lexan to make my own and they couldn't have turned out better.

Here is my truck ready to be torn down.

After tearing it down I decided to cut some lexan to make trays to mount my electronics on behind my upper links instead of using the spacers. Here is what I did

I got my suspension in and made sure everything was going to work out the way I planned while my panels where drying from there new pearl white paint job.

Well I forgot to take pictures for a couple things I did but here it is. I have a few button head screws to buy tomorrow at the LHS to finish the truck.

My next mods are finding a way to mount my 70mm upper links, RC4WD Rock Crusher Tires, Traxxas Big Bore Shocks, and maybe a diffrent paint job. lol

Well let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
Justin

Last edited by Trimmy; 01-19-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 09:58 PM   #2

Default nice edge

looks good man , nice panels
BASSPROKVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Well I just got done ordering a set of RC4WD Rock crusher tires, and TCS 4 links for the front and rear. I'm so happy with this thing now!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

wow. i had assumed that this thing was fabbed to run the 70 mil uppers. i guess that wouldnt be a direct bolt on chasis. i wonder if there is any benifit to running shorter uppers (55 mil stockers) on a droop suspension. if so, i might need to rethink my current design.
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

also, how are those internals workin for you
mtnyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Not to bad other than a shock cap lol. When I was setting it up for droop I pulled one apart and was putting it back together and didn't notice it but started to cross thread the cap and before I caught it, it was too late. I cant keep fluid in the shock now but it hasn't poped off yet knock on wood lol. Before the Edge I was running internal springs on top instead of droop and never had a problem. Oh I ust ordered a set of Rock Crushers, and TCS delrin 4 link for the front and rear .
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

looks really good
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:39 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

If anyone has an extra set of shocks of shocks there willing to sell me Pm me and let me know. I need a set bad.

Thanks
Justin
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I took it out to a local crawling spot to test it out and I couldn't ask for a better truck, well other than the torque twist. This thing was crawling up stuff I couldn't even walk of crawl up lol. I am very happy with the set-up and this chassis. Great Job TCS.

Well here are a few more pics of my Edge. Here is traxxas shock caps on my truck.

Here is my truck after a few stickers I had left over from my 1.1 wranglers lift.

Gotta love the Anti-Monkey Butt sticker on the hood (if thats what you call it LOL)

Old 01-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #10

Looks great!!! How do you like the rear susp set up you have?
adtfnarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:50 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

I love it. I dont get axle steer, my shocks dont bind up yet there still predictable and my links have plenty of clearance. I think it's a great set-up for the type of crawling I do. I've tried almost every other possible combo and this is the one I've found I like the most.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:22 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Looks great. Makes me want to start my tuber sooner. Keep it up!
FightinURfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:03 AM   #13

Great looking rig keep up the good work!
ejs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Well I got my new tires from RPPhobby and my 4 links from TCS. I ordered the RC4wd Rock Crushers which from the little testing I've done so far (out back on somewhat slice surfaced rocks) the are a lot better than the axial tires. I gain 1/4" of ground clearence from them which was nice. I added 6oz of weight to the front tires and 3oz of weight to the rear and for some reason all this raised my center of gravity so much I cant stand it on the side of it's tires anymore without it falling over.

The TCS four link. Well I haven't seen any improvement with the torque twist but I did notice that they set the upper links in just the right spot to limit my articulation by about %50 so I had to put 6mm spacers on the upper links so now there is 12mm of spacers behind the upper links. Switching to the four links didn't fix the problem it was supposed to but they look cool!!!:023:
Here are a few more pics

Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #15
RCC Addict

nice looking rig. I cant wait till my edge shows up.
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:29 PM   #16

Angry

I was wondering about your Torque roll, I ran my rig with
droop and ever time i took off or started to crawl on somthing the frame would just lay over, What is going on!!!!
Yugiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

awsome rig man
SaVaGe MaN SS is offline   Reply With Quote