Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: RCP lockout question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default RCP lockout question

I just got my RCP lockouts and I was wondering if there is anything else that I need to do the install? I have them installed, But apparently, they only require one bearing per side and there is a certain amount of slop
in the axle now. Is there a cure for this problem?
Mr. Burpsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Yep...Get the solid axiles now....Mine required two more of the smaller bearings. No more slop, and it does make a difference. When you pull apart your lockouts they will have tons of aluminum shaving in there from moving around.
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie Fraz View Post
Yep...Get the solid axiles now....Mine required two more of the smaller bearings. No more slop, and it does make a difference. When you pull apart your lockouts they will have tons of aluminum shaving in there from moving around.
X2, buy the inner axles when you buy the outer straight pieces. RCP's sight should say that you need one with the other....I had to order twice and wait....don't know why it doesn't say that...

EDIT: The RCP straight axle pieces are VERY nice and quality stuff, just would be nice if site was clearer about the use.

Last edited by Natedog; 01-19-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
X2, buy the inner axles when you buy the outer straight pieces. RCP's sight should say that you need one with the other....I had to order twice and wait....don't know why it doesn't say that...

EDIT: The RCP straight axle pieces are VERY nice and quality stuff, just would be nice if site was clearer about the use.
I ran mine for like two weeks before picking up the stright axles at myLHS. Once I got them installed i was like "Ok that is why I was not making that line."
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote