Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial Scorpion Shock Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 11:57 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Axial Scorpion Shock Help

I am upset with the stock shocks on the scorpion. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on high quality plastic shocks or aluminum shocks. I am considering: e savage shocks, wheely king shocks, hot racing 120 mm shocks.

i dont want to get the aluminum bodies from axial because the shafts will still be loose and let oil out.

i bought 4 t maxx big bore shocks and they are too short. if anyone has suggestions on making those work that would be greatly appreciated
person123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

I put the stock axial shafts in the big bores. No leaky leaky for me. The shafts are long but they limit the up travel of the shock. The bladder in the big bores works I guess you could say as a bump stop.
scrotsbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

My stock Axial shocks leak also but I am not sure what to go with either. I do like the way I have it setup right now with full droop and am not really willing to compromise that if I can help it.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

what springs do you use? i only have the stock big bore reds and the stock axial crappers Will this give me stock ground clearance and will it compromise a lot of articulation?

Last edited by person123; 01-26-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I used the stock crapper on the left rear to fight the torque twist. Then I put losi whites on the other three corners. They are short but it flexes great. You will need to attach the lower shock buckets as they tend to want to come off.I just wrapped a little black tape on the end and mashed down the buckets. Also used some fuel tubing in the uppers as there is no piviot ball on the top.
scrotsbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #6
ghetto fabulous newbie

not to be mean or anything but, you dont need to do 3 posts about this! Also this helps alot of the time.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/search.php
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i already tried that
Old 01-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotsbiz View Post
I used the stock crapper on the left rear to fight the torque twist. Then I put losi whites on the other three corners. They are short but it flexes great. You will need to attach the lower shock buckets as they tend to want to come off.I just wrapped a little black tape on the end and mashed down the buckets. Also used some fuel tubing in the uppers as there is no piviot ball on the top.

check on the fuel tubing. i did that the first time i put em on. what i want to know is, will the shaft (or piston) mess up the bladder seal if it hits it too much? also would you use the ax10 pistons or the trx pistons?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by person123 View Post
what i want to know is, will the shaft (or piston) mess up the bladder seal if it hits it too much?
Metal shaft + Rubber bladder.....Take a guess.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

any opinions on the ckrc shocks?

also is there any more suggestions on how to seal up the stockers better (ie green slime, plumbers tape, etc.)