Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 GC1 setup questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 05:09 AM   #1
On the lookout for Rocks

Default AX10 GC1 setup questions

I have had my GC-1 chassis for some time now. I am making some minor changes. Is anyone having issues where the upper links are hitting the shocks? This really limits my flex. I'm only getting about 3.5". I am running JPCustoms shocks. I did have my shocks on the outside of the axle link mounts and the upper shock mounts spaced out about an inch or so from the chassis. My tires would rub when turning and I was just trying to stop that.

Mainly I'm just wondering where everyone is running their shocks.

Here are some pics.

constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

leave your shock mounts like they are on top, but the bottoms have to mounted on the outside of the axle mount, i have msd rims with the wide offset the tires do not hit they come close though, hope this helps.
shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

You know the 2 holes on each top side of the axle tube?

I have seen alot of guys make custom shock mounts that screw onto those holes. You could design it to locate the shocks where they need to be for you. Some flat aluminum plate would be easy and you could bend it however desired.

Another thing I spotted was the green little spacers you have inbetween your upper links and chassis. Not sure if you need them to prevent binding, but removal would prolly give you a little more clearance.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek View Post
leave your shock mounts like they are on top, but the bottoms have to mounted on the outside of the axle mount
Thank for the input guys.......Guess I'll just move the shocks back to the outside and let them rub.....It wasn't causing any issues, but I have caught it once when the tires pulled the spring up far enough that the lower spring keeper came out. I just put a little bit more preload on the springs.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hildy View Post
Another thing I spotted was the green little spacers you have inbetween your upper links and chassis. Not sure if you need them to prevent binding, but removal would prolly give you a little more clearance.
Yeah that spacer gives me just enough room to prevent any binding.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Have you tried moving your uppers at the chassis to the inside? Just wondering if it would change the suspension much and looks like it would quit rubbing.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL View Post
Have you tried moving your uppers at the chassis to the inside? Just wondering if it would change the suspension much and looks like it would quit rubbing.

he tried that last night, but it would let the axle sway because it slightly lets the uppers go / \ the same way as the lowers.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SACCO View Post
he tried that last night, but it would let the axle sway because it slightly lets the uppers go / \ the same way as the lowers.
Yeah....moving it that like bit cause a big difference
Old 01-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
RCC Addict

As Hildy commented see if you can find some of the TLT axle mounts. You have to drill 1 hole centered between the 2 existing. then it will mount to the Axial top holes. This gives you ride height and flex.

Also you can do a simple BTA with no mods. Austin has already put the holes there thinking forward. Not really but it just sounds good

Look in the Vendor thread and I posted some pics of the BTA you should also be able to see the shock mounts there.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other ???'s
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:04 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I can help you, I have a GC-1. shocks go out side of the mount in the rear ONLY, in the front they go were they are suppose to. the front shocks at the top needs to be spaced farther apart, when looking at your photos your shocks taper in at the top, you want it the other way around then you want have any more problems with the shocks.Chimney
chimney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimney View Post
I can help you, I have a GC-1. shocks go out side of the mount in the rear ONLY, in the front they go were they are suppose to. the front shocks at the top needs to be spaced farther apart, when looking at your photos your shocks taper in at the top, you want it the other way around then you want have any more problems with the shocks.Chimney

I think he had it that way and when his wheels turned, they hit his shocks.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote