Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial internal spring setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial internal spring setup

I got the springs that came in the EDGE hardware kit which are considered medium i guess. I originally installed them with the stock rubber limiters inside the shock under teh piston with the spring on the top. Seemed pretty squishy. I went out and bought some 1.5 inch brass springs at the automotive store and cut them in half installing the half spring beneath the piston and the medium springs above the piston. i also took a half brass shock in addition to the soft spring and installed that above the piston on the left rear shock (with the other half of the brass spring below the piston.) Wow, I love this set up! it provides almost full articulation, reduced torque twist and lowered the ride height by almost a half inch from stock. It also keep a little more tension on both sides of the piston makine everthing controlled and predictable. Has anyone else had any luck (or bad luck) with this setup?
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 11:43 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I use some C-620 springs from a local source. They seem to be the perfect spring in my opinion.

If you would like a set let me know and we can work something out.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i'm looking for a medium strength spring that is a little longer than the shock body. I want to experiment with by cutting the springs in different places using over and under combinations to find the perfect ride height. Does fastenal carry springs? I have one 20 mins from here...also I want thin wire so the spring compresses to maximize travel. the thicker springs, when used internally, limit travel too much at full compression. how about telescoping coil springs?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo View Post
I use some C-620 springs from a local source. They seem to be the perfect spring in my opinion.

If you would like a set let me know and we can work something out.
what are the c-620 springs (what strength and length) and I was wondering if you have sent out my donuts yet? The day after I ordered them, i had a bunch of memory foam given to me (my father in law is a Sealy distributor). I am going to experiment with size and shape. I am looking forward to my ACE's Donuts and was wondering if it is made from the same type of material (how many different types of memory foam are there?)
Old 01-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quite a few.

They are 1.5" long and 5/8" diameter.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

i am only interested in internal springs. much prettier...