Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: TCS Boomerang Upper Link Mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Other than the total abandenment of 20 years of proven 4 link research and the total lack of opposing triangulation, it would be easier to just start over than to improve on it. Just narrowing the lower mounts at the chassis and raising the uppers at the axle is all that needs to be done. That is the proper way to create a proper link setup that will preform the way its suppost to. Again this is just my opinion.
With the links setup that way, is there still any rear axle steer? When you move the lowers inboard, where`s the best place to mount them on the axles?

When I had the stock upper links in the back, and I had the lower links spaced in on the axle, I had some crazy axle steer. I also use the TCS boomerang mount in the rear with the driverside mounted on top to combat the torque twist....which is still there on flat ground.

Any suggestions?
NEK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
The bomerang plate doesn't change the lenght of the links. It was layed out to be the same as the tri-link only using 2 seperate links instead.
correct...............like you said before you use the factry links to re mount it up........thanks again
dirtydirtysouf is offline   Reply With Quote