Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New AX10 with a TLT BONUS..;-)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New AX10 with a TLT BONUS..;-)

Well I love how complete the AX10 is out of the box..but......the suspension geometry plain out sucks.I am not sure why Axail made it this way and dont get me wrong it works great stock but I could not stand the axle steer. Soo I busted out the hack saw and as most of us have some spare TLT parts and proceeded to double triangulate the links. I have seen this done before but im not sure if TLT parts were used or just tubing...anyways for those who want a cheap mod and have TLT crap lying around here ya go....Have a cookie..... More upgrades coming not done yet....lol.....james pics.......

Thanks for looking..................Peace
xxkalladorxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I did the exact same thing, but narrowed the chassis to 55mm and minus the TLT parts. Works pretty good don't it.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thats a great start. Always looking forward to different ideas.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Dude put the angle rod ends on your lower links where they connect to the axle. That really works good.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

are those black spacers off of the TLT kit as well? I have those link parts laying around and would like to do the same thing.
ScorpioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

the geometry of that setup, looks like it would work great. I haven't move my links in yet. some people move the shocks way in but and I noticed you didn't. I would think that you would want the shocks also triangulated. some people get them as as vertical as they can. what are the arguments for and against triangulating the shocks?
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkalladorxx View Post
Well I love how complete the AX10 is out of the box..but......the suspension geometry plain out sucks.I am not sure why Axail made it this way and dont get me wrong it works great stock but I could not stand the axle steer. Soo I busted out the hack saw and as most of us have some spare TLT parts and proceeded to double triangulate the links. I have seen this done before but im not sure if TLT parts were used or just tubing...anyways for those who want a cheap mod and have TLT crap lying around here ya go....Have a cookie..... More upgrades coming not done yet....lol.....james pics.......

Thanks for looking..................Peace
nice to see a "real" 4 link front and rear
dirtydirtysouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

What are the part numbers for the tlt parts used? I like the looks of it and might do the mod but need the part numbers as i dont have the parts laying around Thanks in advance....
pncstod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
ghetto fabulous newbie

You can also use Axial post mounts, But I think that way is to easy. make your own skid
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:36 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Ya the black spacers are those that go in the upper chassis braces on the tlt-1, the link parts are the upper chassis link parts for the tlt-1, I will try and find a part # however I am sure there are several thousand of them in parts bins on this board...lol..., its just tlt-1 junk.. :-).... The shock angle works fine I dont want any more flex out of it, its a tad to much as it is.........And yes if ya dont have the parts from the tlt-1, buy a cutting board and make a new skid...I was just to lazy..lol...........thanks for the comments more changes in a bit.....james
Old 01-31-2008, 12:47 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

thanks for the help, time to get building.
ScorpioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:02 AM   #12

Do you get any axle steer or torque twist with this setup? This definitely looks like something to try!
NEK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #13

Any updates? I`m wondering how this setup is working for you...
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Hey,
sorry for slow updating but i work shift work and well...it sucks lol.....I have zero axle steer with this set up and as far as torque twist it is very minimal with the stock 30 weight oil.
have yet had a real good chance to beat on it,,,sorry...thanks for the interest though, it is definitly better then stock, very smooth movements in the suspension.... you cant really tell but im not using the 3 link, i have TCS boomarang on the rear and the TCS front mount as well.......thanks James
Old 02-03-2008, 01:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkalladorxx View Post
Hey,
sorry for slow updating but i work shift work and well...it sucks lol.....I have zero axle steer with this set up and as far as torque twist it is very minimal with the stock 30 weight oil.
have yet had a real good chance to beat on it,,,sorry...thanks for the interest though, it is definitly better then stock, very smooth movements in the suspension.... you cant really tell but im not using the 3 link, i have TCS boomarang on the rear and the TCS front mount as well.......thanks James
I guess I`ll give it a shot, thanks

I was running 3 link front 4 link rear with the rear delrin tcs boomerang, but it broke yesterday, so I made some new aluminum mounts yesterday for front and rear.