Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial's New Products.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial's New Products.

Well, there are some new products out. The aluminum axle lockouts are a bit over priced, and I'm not to sure about the plastic ones. I think I would rather stick with my RCP lockout and straight axles. As for the slipper clutch it does not seem right to run a slipper on a crawler. I am hoping these lockers they have come out with will be much more durable, I guess we will see. Wheel hexes, hmmm I have never had a problem with mine, but maybe others have. I'm not sure if i will try the Axial lockers, I think I will wait for the boys over at RCP to come out with their steel lockers. (RCP ROCKS!) Either way I have to give it to Axial for trying to meet the wishes of the customers and how they keep improving this vehicle. They should sell a scorp with all of these upgrades that come with it.

Josh
Josh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

http://www.rccrawler.com/axial0208.html
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Ah, the link might help. Thanks Jason. What is the metal that these lockers are made out of?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh87 View Post
Ah, the link might help. Thanks Jason. What is the metal that these lockers are made out of?
HEAVY DUTY DIFFERENTIAL LOCKER
Made from strong sintered metal. Sintered metal provides superior metallurgical characteristics and can be manufacuted with very tight tolerances.

As an engineer all that says to me is it is Sinter forged at best. It COULD be stronger or weaker than stock, as 6061 billet is a decent material all in all. One benefit will be how it engages to the axle, sinter forging holds a better tolerance on odd shapes like the axle input hole than machining can.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

The rear axle lockouts are the smallest on the market, after our last comp I still had scratches on mine so anything larger is only going to have less clearance. They will also work with the RCP stainless steel axles.

The slipper clutch can be locked completely, the major benefit is the reduced gear wobble you get with the plastic gear holder.

The locker is made from Sintered Metal which is a form of steel. It also helps to reduce some of the play you get in the drivetrain from the stock locker.

Also keep in mind that the prices shown are list prices and will be comparably priced with competitors product out on the market now once they hit the street.

Thanks,
Axial
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

How long until we will see these for sale?
ky_18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
ghetto fabulous newbie

how about some different size spur gears.
Also when are the CVA's going to be released?

Last edited by yotachump; 02-04-2008 at 03:46 PM.
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axial View Post
The rear axle lockouts are the smallest on the market, after our last comp I still had scratches on mine so anything larger is only going to have less clearance. They will also work with the RCP stainless steel axles.

The slipper clutch can be locked completely, the major benefit is the reduced gear wobble you get with the plastic gear holder.

The locker is made from Sintered Metal which is a form of steel. It also helps to reduce some of the play you get in the drivetrain from the stock locker.

Also keep in mind that the prices shown are list prices and will be comparably priced with competitors product out on the market now once they hit the street.

Thanks,
Axial
All Good info, I did notice the small diameter on the lockouts. Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

i like that stuff,great price for the hexxes.all others are 12. to 14.dollys,so way to go axial
racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Talking

Axial: Looks like some nice goodies........the slipper will help the drive train last forever.......saw you and Jason at finish-line in denver blowin parts...i've had my own Traxxas slipper installed and have "NO" drivetrain breakage at all.........that slipper looks nicer i'll have to get one plus the locker if truely heavier than stock.........Thanks for the up-grades and keep up the great work!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh87 View Post
...The aluminum axle lockouts are a bit over priced, and I'm not to sure about the plastic ones. ...
well! to me it's about the same...

rc4wd at TCS axial
Rear lock out (alu) 29.99 35.00
Straight axle 24.99 20.00
Total 54.98 55.00

The Axial does require the use of the straight shaft tough and the RC4WD just recommended them

René
yelo is offline   Reply With Quote