Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX-10 with losi shocks :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
Onother thing you can do with the Losi shock that works great and is the simplest thing to do. Use the shafts from the stock Axial shocks. The axial piston is thinner so if you want to use the losi piston on the Axial shaft you have to sand it down thinner to fit inbetween the e-clips. With the shocks setup like this you can achieve a 2.75" belly clearance. Add your favorite wait oil and springs and you will have one of the best shock setups around.
The prob with this is the Losi shocks have a .129" shaft and the axials are .118". The shocks are gonna leak.
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I have been running the Axial shafts in my Losi bodies for 1 month with no leakage. That includes 1 comp and alot of couch and pillow indoor crawling in the house.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
I have been running the Axial shafts in my Losi bodies for 1 month with no leakage. That includes 1 comp and alot of couch and pillow indoor crawling in the house.

X2. No problems with the axial shafts. I did switch to the Losi cups because the Losi springs have a larger ID and slip out of the stock cups.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:56 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

well so far the losi shocks work awsome ill have to try the shock locations you guys have them set at. if i need to raise it ill just throw on some other rod ends longer ones.....i crawled wit htem yesterday and at first i could not get used to the low clearence, but after 20 mins or so i got the hang of them but i would not mind at least 2.0-2.5" of clearance....well se where it goes..why my brain was not functioning on mounting locations......after i get back from this weekend ill hit up the lhs to get some screws and do the longer uppermounting bolts...but it has massive articulation its amazing how well it works ill post up some pics of the new mounting locations
Panchira! is offline   Reply With Quote