Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX-10 with losi shocks :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation AX-10 with losi shocks :)

well i finally ditched the integy shocks.....i cant put it simpler they suckes ass period. i ended up blowing 2 shock seals yesterday at RCP. so last night i finally built the losi shocks......they went together like budda' like everyone else says when comparing them to the stock units, integy units, the losi are hella shorter. this presented a serious problem in ride height (1 5/8") and mounting them. and as you can tell in the pics they barley fit. but they work as good as they look!!! i learned a lesson there ;)

fronts:
losi white springs
20 wt oil
14.95mm preload

rear:
RR losi white spring 30wt oil
LR Traxxas black spring 50wt oil
RR preload 14.95mm
LR working on the right preload to remove torque twist.

oh also ditched the CKRC stage 2 on the rear,it sucks period (to much rear axle steer)!!!!! but i kept the links on the inside and the upper tri links in the same location (on the frame). and now im awaiting the edge chassis and R2D. the other thing i noticed was the holms hobbies crawl master is having some serious glitching but ill post this up in the electronics if i cant solve this problem.....but here are some pics:

Last edited by Panchira!; 02-06-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Panchira! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #2
ghetto fabulous newbie

1 5/8 is a little to low for me.What is the eye to eye length of those shocks?
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotachump View Post
1 5/8 is a little to low for me.What is the eye to eye length of those shocks?

yes 1 5/8" is to low for me too just have to think up another mounting location......eye to eye it 98.8mm roughly
Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
ghetto fabulous newbie

drill a new hole in the chassis. My truck sits at 2 5/8", thats about perfect for me.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotachump View Post
drill a new hole in the chassis. My truck sits at 2 5/8", thats about perfect for me.
That is a great idea. I have built some brackets if you will to lower the shock mounts on the chasis side to get the belly up to 2.5 inch clearance with full droop.
winkscrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

will the added shock angel affect it much? from driling the hole? i was thinking of making a plate to either bold onto the axle or the frame, or ill just wait for the edge.

yotachump how does the 4 link work on the stage 2 tri link frame mount??
Old 02-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I went thru the same thing. Got the Integy shocks, didnt like them at all, so I went to the Losi threaded body shocks. Not sure why you are so low tho, I am at 2 1/4" with the same setup.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I went thru the same thing. Got the Integy shocks, didnt like them at all, so I went to the Losi threaded body shocks. Not sure why you are so low tho, I am at 2 1/4" with the same setup.

do you have any pics of your shock mounting???? maybe i may steal your idea hahahahahahahaha
Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchira! View Post
will the added shock angel affect it much? from driling the hole? i was thinking of making a plate to either bold onto the axle or the frame, or ill just wait for the edge.

yotachump how does the 4 link work on the stage 2 tri link frame mount??
I dont have the Stage 2.
Here's more pics of my rig.
Yotachump's Ax10\
BTW, I love your Avatar

Last edited by yotachump; 02-06-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

nice i see wht you did!! how does that set up work? i have been considering doing that..... yep a bigger version of that is going into my 1jzgte cressida muahahahahahahahah its still a toyota but not a crawler

Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #11
ghetto fabulous newbie

Quote:
nice i see wht you did!! how does that set up work? i have been considering doing that..... yep a bigger version of that is going into my 1jzgte cressida muahahahahahahahah its still a toyota but not a crawler
I LOVE my setup. That turbo looks Awesome
Old 02-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

nice i need to get more practice :( but i think im getting the hang of it though.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

come on people try your setup's. dont just ask around. i cant enfasize how much the suspension settup matters just to the driver.
punkafi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I used Traxxas rod ends on my losi shocks instead of the Losi units. They are a lil longer and will help a bit. But prolly not enough. I mounted my shocks with metal eye up as well. This way you dont have the air bubble where the piston is. If you cycle your shocks you will feel it. Just use some fuel tube and longer screws for the upper mounts. Might give it some more preload if its sagging at rest as well. I had all the same probs till i got a Blackjack chassis. The stock axial chassis doesnt like that small of a shock. When I had my axial chassis and losi shocks I was at 2.39". That was as tall as I could get her........

Oh, and by the way. I mounted my upper shock to the outside of the chassis. Didnt explain that part......
Pic should give ya an idea of what I did. The lower links were perfectly horizontal when I did this.
Attached Images

Last edited by Rocksmith Eng.; 02-06-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: added
Rocksmith Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:23 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

here is a quick and easy way to make your shocks longer and easier to mount on top of that.
Cut the mounting point off the end of the shock cap. drill a 3mm hole through the shock cap and add a 3mm screw and a rod end and your done. With the wide assortment of rod end lengths you have the ability to play with ride height to find what suits you best.
Here is a pick of the shocks on my son's tuber.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:52 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

get you some longer shock/rod ends and replace the ones on the ends of t he shocks.
SACCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Onother thing you can do with the Losi shock that works great and is the simplest thing to do. Use the shafts from the stock Axial shocks. The axial piston is thinner so if you want to use the losi piston on the Axial shaft you have to sand it down thinner to fit inbetween the e-clips. With the shocks setup like this you can achieve a 2.75" belly clearance. Add your favorite wait oil and springs and you will have one of the best shock setups around.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I am at 2.125 with the same set up, except I am running Losi yellows. Here is a pic.

She is a little low, but will outclimb allot of trucks. I built some extensions for my shocks, but I have yet to put them on. It was running so good last time out, I did not want to mess with it.
Jonnie Fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #19

Default Nice!

I attempted a 7mgte swap into the wife's cressida a couple years ago. I got snagged on the wiring. The electronics in those Toads are so integrated that I was going to have to either swap the whole wiring harness and most of the dash, or go back to school and learn a lot more about automotive circuitry. We (she) decided on a new Benz instead. Sure would be a great ride if you can make it work though.

Quote:

ILPUFXIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

So how do you like the Losi shocks so far? I am still running my stock ones and would like to upgrade mine.

Last edited by GH Racing; 02-09-2008 at 12:22 PM.
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote