Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: my new links hit my shocks? help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default my new links hit my shocks? help

i just got high clearence links for the front and rear of my ax10, and when i put them on last night i couldnt even tighten them down all the way. the 2 screws that go through the link ends is what i mean. where the shock and link end mount to the axle itself, i cant tighten down b/c the link hits the bottom of the shock and bends the spring almost clear off the lower spring cap. i put them on backwards and they work, but it looks stupid and probably dont work as well. im just wondering if you have to mount them different from stock. any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanks guys, nathan
BRUSHLESSAX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

try to get the shock in side of the stock position
Alex35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hey I had that same problem too. First of all, if you mount them backwards, The hit the screw that holds the upper link on the chassis which limits shock travel by about 3/4 of an inch (bad). (Normal set up)I tried a droop setup to see if the spring cup was the only problem but that only helps a bit. What you have to do is cut the skid plate and mount the links like the ckrc crawlers axial scorpion build on rccrawler.com homepage shows. OR you could buy the skid plate off of tcscrawlers.com for the stock ax10 transmission which will do the same thing as cutting it yourself and buying the stage 2 ckrc kit EXCEPT the lower links are strait on the tcs skid and the lower links are slightly angled inward on the ckrc setup for a double trianulation setup (i dont know if this works better or not but if you want that with the tcs setup you just buy another of those little spacers(x4) and and 4 of the 40mm long screws in the ckrc build to replace the 32 mm long ones that come with the tcs). My take on these two is that you should get the tcs one and see if the links-inside-chassis setup works for you. Then (if it does), you can cut the stock plate and use the tcs as a template so you have a spare. I personally dont like the ckrc stage 2 package because I dont want to cut the stock skid without a template and because i want to have a fall back plan if the inside chassis setup doesnt work for me. Also, I dont want to cut the holes on the chassis to allow for the longer upper links (this may work better but stock works fine for me, + I believe axial would have found that the longer upper links work better than stock before they made the production kit and put them in, or put the holes on the chassis and made it an upgrade) and i would be afraid of messing the holes up. Plus, I already have lead weights.

Hope my very large (sorry) post helps
person123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

yea, i think mounting links on the inside of the chassis and switch the shock bottoms to the outside of the link end( if that makes sense) will solve the problem. thats least of my worris now, as my goat esc is getting hot, and i'v managed to strip out a set screw on my front outdrive, so now i cant get it off. ill probably end up drillin it out and putting pins all the way through like on my rustler, stampede and tmaxx.
BRUSHLESSAX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I had absolutley no problems mounting them..

Are you putting that little green spacer inbetween the shock and the link? Its small but it makes a difference.
PapaGeno21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Pics would help...
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote