Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: good shock on your xtrail?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2008, 03:46 PM   #1

Default good shock on your xtrail?

i know there are alot of shock threads, please dont link me to one unless its FOR THE XTRAIL, i liked teh way the stock ones worked but they leaked like crazy, what i was wondering is if the msr10 ones from TCS were a good choice for the xtrail chassis? i have 2.2 boggers on it and i want it to sit up as high as the stock shocks did with the TCS internal spring kit and want it to flex pretty good, what do you guys think?
i put some traxxas big bore shocks on (dont know which ones they are but they are alot shorter than my stock shocks and they are just too stiff doesnt flex well)

here are some flex shots with my stock shocks, i want to have similar flexability

stikkimikki87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I had major leaking problems with the stock shocks too. I put teflon tape on the threads on the top and the bottom of the shock bodies, lots of green slime on the o rings (use the stock ones, trust me), and put the large o ring at the top of the shock inside the top of the cap. The shocks leaked a lot less for me and actually seemed to perform better too. Also, check to make sure the upper and lower cap are tight on all the shocks from time to time, and store the truck balancing on the center skid plate. This will keep the shocks from being compressed and will reduce pressure on the oil.

Trust me, this stuff really works good!
person123 is offline   Reply With Quote