Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: wiring AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #1

Default wiring AX10

just finished building my new ax10 (New to the rc crawling) I have a questions about wiring it. I bought it with some upgraded electronics and wondering how to hook up the wires. I have a castle creations sidewinder speed controler with integy 45 turn lathe motor. Wondering what wires go were on the motor? It seems to have 4 spots on the motor with only 3 wires coming from the controler. I dont have a bettery yet (order got screwed up) so i am trying to figure it out before i get my battery and would like to be able to just plug in the battery and test it out
Thanks
Evan
killed300ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

did you by any chance order from CKRCcrawlers.com? i also didn't get a battery when i ordered from them and thier website says back ordered, i thought ahead and ordered a extra from the crawler store so i have one for now.
SuperBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

on the motor, there should be a positive and negative. soder the red wire to positve and black wire to negative and leave the white wire free.
juststartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBad View Post
did you by any chance order from CKRCcrawlers.com? i also didn't get a battery when i ordered from them and thier website says back ordered, i thought ahead and ordered a extra from the crawler store so i have one for now.

yes that is were i got it. Might just have to buy one form somewere else going to call them tommorow and see. Got it on friday and didnt notice it untill last night. Gonna have to find the local hobbie shop
Evan
Old 03-02-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
RCC Addict

On the Sidewinder, ignore the white wire. It is used for brushless motor applications, so just tape it up and leave it be.

Look at the endbell of the motor, and notice that one side of the casing by the shaft will have a "+" stamped on it. The metal plate on that side of the motor will be the positive side, and the other plate will be the negative side. You will want to solder the red wire from the ESC to the spade terminal on the positive side, and the black wire to the spade terminal on the negative side (if your rig runs backwards on startup, you will want to swap this).
Attached Images

Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #6

perfect thanks for the info now i caqn finish wiring it up. Just noticed that the front tires are going in a v slight toe in issue. measured it and its off an inch from the front to back of the tires. tried just turning the rod in between for the steering to make up for it doesnt have enough threads to make up that much differance. how much toe in do you guys normally run??
Evan
Old 03-02-2008, 09:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

check and make sure you have the link ends in the outer holes on the hubs.or mabee you used the wrong link.is your suspention straight?

got any pics?
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 PM   #8

it seems to be sitting straight and level not sure what the deal is. the steering rod is in the outer holes on the steering knuckles
here are some pictures

Old 03-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

you need to swap your inner Cs.you have the right on the left and vise versa. this is throwing off your camber.

also make sure that the lower rod is the 106mm and not the 98.

Last edited by jamesdicken; 03-02-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
you need to swap your inner Cs.you have the right on the left and vise versa. this is throwing off your camber.

also make sure that the lower rod is the 106mm and not the 98.
Yup thats pretty much what I was thinkin too
ElChupoCabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:10 AM   #11

cool thanks for the reply I will swap it around when I get out of work today
Evan
Old 03-03-2008, 04:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBad View Post
I'am waiting too. When I talked to them last week it was sounding like a few more weeks till they get'em shipping problems. If your new to Rc cars which I'am the sidewinder needs programed for the brushed motor.
Muddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:29 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

You have the wrong rod ends on the front steering links. You need the ones that are angled.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Hi Bud this is prolly NOT what you have but I believe this is common knowlege about electronic motors.
you should solder a .1 uf capacitor onto one side of the motor between the + and - to eliminate noise.

your motor may have it all ready but the pic tha person posted where they have the wires soldered on diaginal looks strange to me because I have never done it that way. (not saying its wrong at all though)

but yes white wire is for brushless so tape hat one (do not cut it or you will be sorry in the future when you decide to go brushless) haha

so here is a little help it is from a tekin rebel that I have so I had the link redily availible but it explains about the caps I am talking about and how to wire a brushed motor.
hope it helps a bit or someone haha

http://www.teamtekin.com/manuals/rebel2.pdf
4x4Crawler4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:50 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

x2 the rod ends. i didnt even see that. haha

i would still check the Cs
Old 03-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #16

switched around the rod ends and now its only about a 1/16 off id say that was the issue. Now i just gotta find a battery and try this thing out cant wait.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #17
RCC Addict

The first thing I though of for the steering was the rod size was confused with one of the lowers but then when I saw the pics I saw it right away.... Your c's look fine don't bother wasting you time takin them off, find some batteries yet? Want a good mod well it's down? Flip your skid and tranny 180*.... It will help eliminate torque twist! Spur gear facing forward not back
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote