Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: looks like another dig for us

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2008, 10:10 PM   #61

All could things come to those who wait
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn38 View Post
i like it... Hopefully you can use it on both sides of the trans. .... I like to run my trans backwards with the motor to the front of the truck.
Me too.
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #63

lol hurry i am getting excited :-)
doug435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Looks like another delay as the ETA on TCS has gone from 6-15-08 to 7-15-08. Whats the word on this sucker?
Josh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:54 AM   #65
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh87 View Post
Looks like another delay as the ETA on TCS has gone from 6-15-08 to 7-15-08. Whats the word on this sucker?
This concept originally seamed like an easy conversion of stock rc4wd parts to the ax10 tranny. It turned out that there are allot more design elements that have to be worked out then originally anticipated. We apologize for the delay but rest assured that the product you will receive when this is done will be the best we could have possibly made it.

Some of the issues we have experienced are:

First, the round parts have had several changes, each of which delays the project about 3 weeks because they have to be sent out to be produced.

Second, we have spent many hours trying to get good alignment between the tranny output and the dig output shaft. This requires that we find the exact center of the output shaft in relation to the mounting holes on the tranny. This is a difficult dimension to obtain exactly without having Axials original files. When these are not aligned properly there is binding and the dig shaft may not re-engage properly.

There have been hardware issues as well. Stock hardware is only available in certain lengths. We had issues with the screws coming out the back of the tranny and contacting the spur gear mount. Longer spacers to fix this mean the output from the tranny needed to be extended, another delay.

Once again, we apologize for the delay but we don't want to produce and ship a product until it's met TCS standards. Thanks.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

I Wanna See How It Does With That Delrin Lock Ring!

We'll Be Waiting.

Good Job On Keeping Us Posted And Not Sending Out A Product Till Its Perfect!

THANK YOU.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland View Post
This concept originally seamed like an easy conversion of stock rc4wd parts to the ax10 tranny. It turned out that there are allot more design elements that have to be worked out then originally anticipated. We apologize for the delay but rest assured that the product you will receive when this is done will be the best we could have possibly made it.

Some of the issues we have experienced are:

First, the round parts have had several changes, each of which delays the project about 3 weeks because they have to be sent out to be produced.

Second, we have spent many hours trying to get good alignment between the tranny output and the dig output shaft. This requires that we find the exact center of the output shaft in relation to the mounting holes on the tranny. This is a difficult dimension to obtain exactly without having Axials original files. When these are not aligned properly there is binding and the dig shaft may not re-engage properly.

There have been hardware issues as well. Stock hardware is only available in certain lengths. We had issues with the screws coming out the back of the tranny and contacting the spur gear mount. Longer spacers to fix this mean the output from the tranny needed to be extended, another delay.

Once again, we apologize for the delay but we don't want to produce and ship a product until it's met TCS standards. Thanks.

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Good work guys, thanks for working hard in an effort to get this thing perfect from the start. I am glad that I waited for your product, as I will continue to wait. Thanks again, and please keep us updated.
Josh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #68
RCC Addict

well as long as they dont junk it up like the Ckrc one sounds to be and they use a stronger way to manage the out put shaft

I really want a tranny dig.... and Im really ok with waiting tell the perfect one comes out

on a side note:
I would really like to see someone out there make a set of output shafts out of Stainless steel with pre drilled pin hole to attach the DLs strong
Jeepernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 PM   #69

Thanks for the update
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote