Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #261
Rock Stacker

Brad your work is always top notch and this rig just shows how much attention to every detail you put into your rigs! Very well done! So I was thinking... I'm graduating college in a month and one of these would be an amazing graduation gift. I will PM you my address so I will be expecting a completed one in the mail. Thank you in advance! :-P
matts88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #262
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
Brad your work is always top notch and this rig just shows how much attention to every detail you put into your rigs! Very well done! So I was thinking... I'm graduating college in a month and one of these would be an amazing graduation gift. I will PM you my address so I will be expecting a completed one in the mail. Thank you in advance! :-P

Thanks for the compliments.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:55 PM   #263
RCC Addict

Nice work there Brad. All of your rigs have been top notch and a source of inspiration for my builds Hopefully can I get a rig that is as nice as what you put together one of these days

May actually have to follow in your footsteps and jump ship to Axial axles in my 2.2, however don't expect me to follow along and do clod axles just yet
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 PM   #264
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustedcrawler View Post
Nice work there Brad. All of your rigs have been top notch and a source of inspiration for my builds Hopefully can I get a rig that is as nice as what you put together one of these days

May actually have to follow in your footsteps and jump ship to Axial axles in my 2.2, however don't expect me to follow along and do clod axles just yet
Thanks for the compliment Matt, I'm really happy with the Axial parts.

Still fighting the Clod trend I see.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The links are really close to the spring cups, but they don't touch each other while the suspension cycles.

Flipping the HC links around will still give you more clearance then straight links. I don't see it hurting anything from your description.
what kind of links are those bender?? I have team losi shocks like yours and my springs are mounted inside the mounts and the links are way spaced outside of the lower mounts on the axle ... It looks like those rodeds are what makes It clear the shocks
CONTRACTED2KILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:19 PM   #266
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONTRACTED2KILL View Post
what kind of links are those bender?? I have team losi shocks like yours and my springs are mounted inside the mounts and the links are way spaced outside of the lower mounts on the axle ... It looks like those rodeds are what makes It clear the shocks
I'm running Delrin lowers I made myself. Axial offers aluminum HC links for the AX10. I mounted my shocks outside the links to limit the travel a little. I like to keep my shocks mounted as far apart on the axles as I can.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #267
Rock Stacker

I wish you still had some SW3's laying around so I could start my build! Is the stock scorpion chassis even worth doing a build up with? I mainly want to run my rig around for fun and some mild comps. Just wondering if I should be a little more patient and wait for a SW3 or just go ahead and bite the bullet and get use the stock chassis. You know you are addicted when you are in class droolin over all of the goodies in this build!
matts88yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #268
rbl
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I wish you still had some SW3's laying around so I could start my build! Is the stock scorpion chassis even worth doing a build up with? I mainly want to run my rig around for fun and some mild comps. Just wondering if I should be a little more patient and wait for a SW3 or just go ahead and bite the bullet and get use the stock chassis. You know you are addicted when you are in class droolin over all of the goodies in this build!
matt for what you just said id wait and run the stock chassis will Brad (aka bender) runs a few more of his chassis..

there is a link on the home page that shows you tons to do to your ax-10 to make it more than comp worthy

btw way the red is looking killer Bender
rbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #269

Quote:
I'm running Delrin lowers I made myself. Axial offers aluminum HC links for the AX10. I mounted my shocks outside the links to limit the travel a little. I like to keep my shocks mounted as far apart on the axles as I can.
sorry about that last question!!!! thank u for answereing so nicely and quickly too!!!! i meant to say rod ends lol !!!! sometimes i think im losing my mind !!! lol but arent we all losing our mind with this hobby ????????? so i have the same shocks but i need to know what kind of rod ends those are ???!?!?!? thanks alot in advance brother!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 AM   #270
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
I agree with rbl, the stock Axial chassis can work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbl View Post
matt for what you just said id wait and run the stock chassis will Brad (aka bender) runs a few more of his chassis..

there is a link on the home page that shows you tons to do to your ax-10 to make it more than comp worthy

btw way the red is looking killer Bender
Thanks.

Quote:
sorry about that last question!!!! thank u for answereing so nicely and quickly too!!!! i meant to say rod ends lol !!!! sometimes i think im losing my mind !!! lol but arent we all losing our mind with this hobby ????????? so i have the same shocks but i need to know what kind of rod ends those are ???!?!?!? thanks alot in advance brother!!!!
The rod ends on the links are off the Jato.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=TRA5525

Last edited by BENDER; 04-04-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:00 AM   #271
Pebble Pounder

Another killer build thread as always Brad
SkR8pN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #272

Quote:
A few shots with my latest Grappler mounted up.. I'll paint a new one for this build, as I mentioned earlier.
hey bender on like the third picture down I see what I think is orange fuel tubing to replace the little black things that go in the top mounting hole of the team losi shocks !!! Am I correct and if I am does that work better because I have the same adjustable shocks and that little plastic peice that spaces out the shocks from the frame and they dont seem very flexible it kinda binds ... And where did u find the black flathead screws for your msd top guns ???
Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 AM   #273
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkR8pN View Post
Another killer build thread as always Brad
Thanks.

Quote:
hey bender on like the third picture down I see what I think is orange fuel tubing to replace the little black things that go in the top mounting hole of the team losi shocks !!! Am I correct and if I am does that work better because I have the same adjustable shocks and that little plastic peice that spaces out the shocks from the frame and they dont seem very flexible it kinda binds ... And where did u find the black flathead screws for your msd top guns ???
I am using fuel line for upper shock mounts, it works great. You can set the tension of the upper mounts by how much fuel line you use. And there's no wear and tear on your shock bodies.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:19 AM   #274
Quarry Creeper

Bender,After Contracted2kills post..thats when it hit me, i had also asked about the links hitting the spring cup.HE asked the correct question and made me go back and look at your pics.
Im guessing the reason your rod ends dont hit is because the Jato ends are skinnier? Anyway you could post up a pic of a stock rod end next to a Jato rod end? It would be greatly appreciated!
Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos02ss View Post
Bender,After Contracted2kills post..thats when it hit me, i had also asked about the links hitting the spring cup.HE asked the correct question and made me go back and look at your pics.
Im guessing the reason your rod ends dont hit is because the Jato ends are skinnier? Anyway you could post up a pic of a stock rod end next to a Jato rod end? It would be greatly appreciated!

ya i asked almost the same question at first and because bender is so tight and hella polite to people he answered my question coreectly and made me look back at what i asked and then looked at his setup and made me ask the right question !!! lol
Old 04-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #276

Quote:
Thanks.

I am using fuel line for upper shock mounts, it works great. You can set the tension of the upper mounts by how much fuel line you use. And there's no wear and tear on your shock bodies.

hey bender you are a perfect example of how people need to be in this world these days if more people were half of what u are i think we'd be doing a hundred percent better in life !!! well thanks again for answering my questions and making this hobby a heck of a lot better and one more thing ur rig is bad bro that flathead idea in those top gun wheels looks so tight it blew me away !!!!!! well are those wheels really what they look to be beacuse everyday i get on and look at the one thing i dont have on my rig besides everything else being loaded its the wheels i like the stock axials but im getting kinda tired of em and need a new set!!! get back to me lemme noe what u think
Old 04-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #277
Quarry Creeper

Hey Bender do you limit your shock travel at all? Do you limit them inside or outside the shock?
rocktoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #278
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos02ss View Post
The Jatos are bigger in diameter and longer then the stock rod ends. Here's a pic next to a Maxx rod end, which is about the same size as a stocker. The Jato ends use either 4mm or 8-32 threaded rod for the links, but standard 3mm hardware for the ball stud.

Quote:
hey bender you are a perfect example of how people need to be in this world these days if more people were half of what u are i think we'd be doing a hundred percent better in life !!! well thanks again for answering my questions and making this hobby a heck of a lot better and one more thing ur rig is bad bro that flathead idea in those top gun wheels looks so tight it blew me away !!!!!! well are those wheels really what they look to be beacuse everyday i get on and look at the one thing i dont have on my rig besides everything else being loaded its the wheels i like the stock axials but im getting kinda tired of em and need a new set!!! get back to me lemme noe what u think
Thanks for the compliment C2K.

I love my MSD wheels. They are the perfect weight and have a nice clean look. Plus, they are aluminum and should be the last wheel you buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktoy View Post
Hey Bender do you limit your shock travel at all? Do you limit them inside or outside the shock?
I did with these shocks, added about an 1/8" of fuel line inside, because they are a little longer then standard 4" shocks. The 4" shocks shouldn't need limiters on the inside. If you feel your rig has too much travel, you can run fuel line on the outside to limit it.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #279

Quote:
The Jatos are bigger in diameter and longer then the stock rod ends. Here's a pic next to a Maxx rod end, which is about the same size as a stocker. The Jato ends use either 4mm or 8-32 threaded rod for the links, but standard 3mm hardware for the ball stud.

Thanks for the compliment C2K.

I love my MSD wheels. They are the perfect weight and have a nice clean look. Plus, they are aluminum and should be the last wheel you buy.

I did with these shocks, added about an 1/8" of fuel line inside, because they are a little longer then standard 4" shocks. The 4" shocks shouldn't need limiters on the inside. If you feel your rig has too much travel, you can run fuel line on the outside to limit it.

yup those are the ones!!!! thanks alot bender hey i live in a little town near sacramento called galt and im not really sure how to find a comp!!!:-(:-( well do u llive in the nor-cal area ???? and where could i find a comp in sacramento ???? im 15 but my rig is just about ready to run in comps im working on another setup i run drooped right now and im thinking about ordering a slingshot for a sprung setup but i really really want an sw3 if u could possibly do that ????? maybe ill pm u if its cool ???
maybe ?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:42 PM   #280
Keep it real

Look in the Regional section, under California
BENDER lives in CO
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote