RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/110201-new-comp-build-swx-new-production-pics.html)

wrcfan29 03-13-2008 12:23 PM

make more sw3's please

pretty please with a rock crawler on top

Nicklepimp 03-13-2008 12:26 PM

Hey, how come my ax-10 didn't come with those nice Axial tools?:flipoff:

juststartin 03-13-2008 04:42 PM

great looking build. what are you going to run tranny wise? dig? my r2d just bit the dust so im thinking about the axial tranny with a home built dig.

666 03-13-2008 05:16 PM

Blech! I was hoping you would use clod axles or something!:lol:;-)

So do I still get dibs?:)

DirkDigler 03-13-2008 06:16 PM

Anxious to see how this one turns out Brad.
Hopefully I can learn a few tips for my Axial based rigs.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 03-13-2008 06:30 PM

Lookin good Fred! Although you skimped on the front axle. What's the plan with those button heads on the rear?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc J33P (Post 1095278)
I have to ask as I am really wanting these wheels. I like them mainly for the looks but I have never bought an aftermarket pair. Sorry to hijack, but you would know! "thumbsup"

Those hold a claw fine. I have them, they just take longer to mount with all those screws & wheel nut cover.

Tanis 03-13-2008 06:38 PM

Looks like you're on your way Brad"thumbsup" Top notch work and documentation as always8) I like the lockers, good to see them from a different perspective than on the home page, look solid.

DirkDigler 03-13-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 1095705)
Lookin good Fred! Although you skimped on the front axle. What's the plan with those button heads on the rear?

Those hold a claw fine. I have them, they just take longer to mount with all those screws & wheel nut cover.

Fred!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Grizzly4x4 03-13-2008 06:59 PM

Awesome Fred!! I picked up a set of axles on Monday myself, I'm getting tired of worrying about the TLT ring and pinions and I just feel like I should get with the times. :lol:

Great writeup. "thumbsup" Cain't wait to see what kind of cool-cat goodies show up on this. Pen and notepad ready.

cato 03-13-2008 07:33 PM

Brad: Lookin good .........rubernecks nervous-ser:-P"thumbsup"

JOYSTICK 03-13-2008 08:21 PM

love those h.d. lockers,and also i have the same rims and tires, best thing i ever did."thumbsup"

DirkDigler 03-13-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cato (Post 1095841)

Who is Brad?

BENDER 03-14-2008 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrecker (Post 1095032)
It's about time!:lol:

This build has been a long time coming. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trimmy (Post 1095038)
looks good so far "thumbsup"

Thanks. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbaneck (Post 1095065)
Oh shit...

Word!! :twisted: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbl (Post 1095241)
looks good brad.

im digging the msd's

Thanks, I love these wheels. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freq E Tag (Post 1095253)
Looks great Brad, looks like maybe you got the "full-monty" Axial treatment... wrenches and all.

Great tech here for everyone."thumbsup"

Thanks Freq E. 8)

I did get the full treatment. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoli (Post 1095260)
Team drivers get all the goodies :-P It'll be interesting to hear your feedback on the heavy duty lockers. As long as they hold up better than the stock ones, I want a pair!

The new sintered lockers should be way more durable then stock. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by chivas72 (Post 1095266)
damn damn it now i have to build one

Thaks fro giving me a new excuse to empty my wallet

Great build ! ! ! !

I was wating for this just like when i built my SW2

Time to start wrenching. :twisted: :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doc J33P (Post 1095278)
I see the MSD's growing greatly in popularity. Is this because of the seat ability of the tires - explicitly Rock Claws? I know how fun bead locks can be to assemble, lol. Are these just easier and more efficient at beading the ring?

I have to ask as I am really wanting these wheels. I like them mainly for the looks but I have never bought an aftermarket pair. Sorry to hijack, but you would know! "thumbsup"

The MSD beadlocks are sweet. They look great, they are the perfect weight IMO, the designs are clean and the machine work is flawless. ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrcfan29 (Post 1095287)
make more sw3's please

pretty please with a rock crawler on top

I'll try, just still not sure when yet. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicklepimp (Post 1095291)
Hey, how come my ax-10 didn't come with those nice Axial tools?:flipoff:

Your's didn't come with the tools? :-P

Quote:

Originally Posted by juststartin (Post 1095549)
great looking build. what are you going to run tranny wise? dig? my r2d just bit the dust so im thinking about the axial tranny with a home built dig.

I'll be running the stock tranny, with the new slipper clutch. I'll probably start out with a home made dig set-up like I'm running now. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by 666 (Post 1095599)
Blech! I was hoping you would use clod axles or something!:lol:;-)

So do I still get dibs?:)

You know better then that.............no 2.2 Clod for me, thanks. ;-)

You've got dibs my TLT comp rig?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 1095685)
Anxious to see how this one turns out Brad.
Hopefully I can learn a few tips for my Axial based rigs.

Thanks Pete. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 1095705)

Haven't been called Fred for a long while. :lol: :lol:

Read the words nOOb!! :-P

I'm going to aluminum C's and hubs eventually. "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis (Post 1095719)
Looks like you're on your way Brad"thumbsup" Top notch work and documentation as always8) I like the lockers, good to see them from a different perspective than on the home page, look solid.

Thanks Nathan. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 (Post 1095759)
Awesome Fred!! I picked up a set of axles on Monday myself, I'm getting tired of worrying about the TLT ring and pinions and I just feel like I should get with the times. :lol:

Great writeup. "thumbsup" Cain't wait to see what kind of cool-cat goodies show up on this. Pen and notepad ready.

Thanks Griz. 8)

I've had the same feeling lately too. I'm still surprised I didn't strip my rear diff at the Mid-West comp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cato (Post 1095841)

Thanks cato. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc addict (Post 1095945)
love those h.d. lockers,and also i have the same rims and tires, best thing i ever did."thumbsup"

Yup, the wheels and tires are a tough combo to beat. "thumbsup"

CSR 03-14-2008 07:26 AM

You're off to a good start brother. I can't wait to see how this one comes together. ;)

cato 03-14-2008 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkDigler (Post 1095960)
Who is Brad?

ERRRRRRR ahhhhh "fred?"...........;-)

LIKES2CRAWL 03-14-2008 10:35 AM

Looking good Fred......I mean Brad....Ahhh shoot we'll just stick with Bender."thumbsup"

mickrcarver 03-14-2008 11:16 AM

ok since were on the subject what is the offset of the top guns will they work ok on the axial axles?

BENDER 03-14-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSR (Post 1096937)
You're off to a good start brother. I can't wait to see how this one comes together. ;)

Thanks Chris. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIKES2CRAWL (Post 1097068)
Looking good Fred......I mean Brad....Ahhh shoot we'll just stick with Bender."thumbsup"

Thanks. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickrcarver (Post 1097106)
ok since were on the subject what is the offset of the top guns will the work ok on the wider axial axles?

The Top Gun wheels are the perfect offset for Axial axles. Overall width with the wheels and tires should be about 10 1/4" wide. "thumbsup"

BENDER 03-14-2008 12:20 PM

Transmission

5 Attachment(s)
Time to get the tranny built. ;-)

Start by installing the bearings into the tranny case. Assemble the main tranny gear and outdrives, use a dab of thread lock on the screws too. Since I'm going with the new Axial slipper clutch, I had to replace the stock top shaft in the tranny with the new longer version that is included with the slipper clutch kit (Part # AX30414). Install the drive pin into the shaft, slid your metal top gear onto crosspin and install the bearings. Then press the last two bearings into the plastic idler gear.

BENDER 03-14-2008 12:30 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Now drop the gears into place, lube with the grease supplied in the AX10 kit, and close the transmission up. Then, slide the long M3 screws through the tranny case, and slip the aluminum spacers for the motor plate onto them. Now install the motor plate, use threadlock on these screws too. ;-)