Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New Comp Build.......SWX......New Production Pics!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #1021
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Inc. View Post
Humm, I'm going to have to look in to that. Were did you get the barrel nut if you don't mind me asking? I take it there MIP hexes or Tamiya?
The wider hexes came with the TLT CVD's RCP sold back in the day. The barrel nuts are from Kevin at TCS, I believe they are G-made? Although, since changing out to the Super 300s the outer axle is just long enough to accommodate the slightly wider hex without a barrel nut. Plus, I don't think the barrel nuts work with the outer axle threads on a Super 300. I was thinking about my original set-up at the time. Sorry for the confusion, it's been a few months since I drove this rig.

Last edited by BENDER; 08-17-2010 at 04:42 PM.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #1022
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The wider hexes came with the TLT CVD's RCP sold back in the day. The barrel nuts are from Kevin at TCS, I believe they are G-made? Although, since changing out to the Super 300s the outer axle is just long enough to accommodate the slightly wider hex without a barrel nut. Plus, I don't think the barrel nuts work with the outer axle threads on a Super 300. I was thinking about my original set-up at the time. Sorry for the confusion, it's been a few months since I drove this rig.
I heard that. With a XR-10 laying around I wouldn't be running my shafty either. That's cool to hear the Super 300's can use the same nuts. Ive got want add out for some hexes now. I'm trying to get my rig ready for Nat's and steering is some thing I really need to work on. Thanks again

Found it! http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=17&page=1 To bad there out of stock. Did you use just this part or the spacer also that was in your pic as well? http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=17&page=1 I cant really figure out were the spacer would go

Last edited by Creepy Inc.; 08-18-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #1023

how did u make the back body post
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 AM   #1024
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
I got all the electronics in place, just need to install the Castle BEC on top of the VF dig. I guess it's time to get the new body painted up too.

Don't hate the battery connectors.......................hate the game.
i like how you set up your electronics... it fits perfectly!
VintageCopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #1025
I wanna be Dave

Hey thanks for digging the AX-10 Bender thread out it sucked me in and I enjoyed all 52 pages again. Brad did a excellent job of evolving this thread and his AX-10 as time and new products where available.

I'm still competing with a AX-10 based truck at a local level (MNRCRC) and I had forgotten some of the Brad details very timely and you can't afford to forget a good trick when your competing against all the newest chassis and axle innovations.

Great thread nice work Bender.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 02-08-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #1026
Rock Crawler

I just bought a good used sw3 and swx chassis from the classified section and will start assembling mine this weekend.
Onebdgti is offline   Reply With Quote