Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Which Aluminum C's and Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #21

I emailed on the 2 position clockable C, heres the response I got.

HI Nathan,

The 2nd position was designed to bring the pinion down more parallel to the ground for scale builds. The pinion is rotated up in the stock location with the caster at the correct angle.

Thanks,
Brian Jones
RCP Crawlers, Inc
rockpiledriver@rcpcrawlerscom

Sounds funky to me, I also want the high pinion angle with negative caster, guess its time to start modding again!!
nathaninwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
RCC Addict

that's retarded..... but i guess if your a belly dragger it's all good which my next truck will be.... but it would still be nice to have a little more pinion angle for when the diff drops out!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:38 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaninwa View Post
I emailed on the 2 position clockable C, heres the response I got.

HI Nathan,

The 2nd position was designed to bring the pinion down more parallel to the ground for scale builds. The pinion is rotated up in the stock location with the caster at the correct angle.

Thanks,
Brian Jones
RCP Crawlers, Inc
rockpiledriver@rcpcrawlerscom

Sounds funky to me, I also want the high pinion angle with negative caster, guess its time to start modding again!!
that sucks, that was really the only reason I wanted them lol. Has anyone else had any experience with the Hot Racing knuckles? There are a few places with a couple of thos in stock? What about RC4wd???

Thanks for your help guys
Justin
Trimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Well guys thanks for your help, I just bought a set of RC4wd knuckles because I dont have the time to wait for the RCP. I need them for the next comp so I dont snap another knuckle with my MG 5955tg servo lol
Old 03-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalry101 View Post
I've got every GH part available for the truck except the axle housings themselves on my truck, and I'm way happy with them. I cartwheeled the thing a bunch down in St. George last weekend and didn't have any issues at all. They don't offer black so if you're going for the stealth look, they're not the way to go, but if you like green or silver, their stuff is great.
We will be coming out with black anodized parts for the AX-10 very soon!
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #26
RCC Addict

I snapped another plastic knuckle last night.... damn cs170 lol but i love the power so much lol. Waiting on my black al knuckles to come in... lhs said they found me some.... don't need rcp if they don't clock it the right way lol. Still need to order other stuff though.
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
I snapped another plastic knuckle last night.... damn cs170 lol but i love the power so much lol. Waiting on my black al knuckles to come in... lhs said they found me some.... don't need rcp if they don't clock it the right way lol. Still need to order other stuff though.

Ya if they dont clock the right way no need to wait a couple weeks for them. lol I have snapped a few plastic knuckles with my hitec 5955tg and I have a comp coming up so I bought a set of RC4wd knuckles and c's and bought them in the aluminum color. The black doesn't match the axle that well and I like the look or aluminum so I thought screw trying to match my axle lol I will do it on the back axle with the plastic straight axle adaptor from axial
Old 06-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

im glad i found this thread saved me finding out the hard way that the axle c's clock the wrong way
i think it should be explained in the product discription
bluelightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

im not understanding here but if you clock the c hubs all you are moving is the steering linkage corect. how would it change the pinon angle when it is the upper and lower links that hold the axle.
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by maro69camaro View Post
im not understanding here but if you clock the c hubs all you are moving is the steering linkage corect. how would it change the pinon angle when it is the upper and lower links that hold the axle.
By themselves the c-hubs don't change the pinion angle. They do change the caster angle which then allows you to change the pinion angle via link lengths and still maintain proper caster
grommit327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:04 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
The RCP gear is very stout. A few guys I run with have had the knuckles, C's, straight axle kit, and lockouts for a while, and they have put up with a lot of abuse.
And thier color is kinda matte black, very similar to the plastic axle housing....love mine! Some other vendors al parts are very shiny gloss black which I don't like as well as the RCP.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote