Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: DCV/Pro - Project Colossus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 10:46 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkscrawler View Post
the right front would come off the ground more often then I liked in certain cituations.
I had that problem with my drooped SW3, that's part of the reason I sprung the front, to get more downforce, especially when cresting a ridge. I hope to get to work on it some more in a day or so. I think I will lower it when I mount the electronics, I'd like it to sit between 2.5" and 3", but I suppose I really should test it like this first, although I think I know what it's gonna do.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2008, 03:08 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Rtr

I got the electronics mounted but haven't really run it yet, just around the floor to make sure everything works. I changed up the links and shock placement and dropped it down some. I decided not to use any stick weights in these wheels yet, they are heavy as they are. I think my Hammer tires will be shipping from RPP today so hopefully I'll get them by early next week. I just need to mount the side panels back on and do some testing. Plan to take it out this Saturday for some real crawling.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Looks awesome!!! and coming along nice..Good job. Mayhem Eng.
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Is the transmission in backwards? I have a flue so im a bit delirious but anyway yea looks good mark
Chargerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerguy View Post
Is the transmission in backwards? I have a flue so im a bit delirious but anyway yea looks good mark
It has to sit that way for the VF Dig that will be going in it shortly. Hope you feel better, I've never had "a flue" before.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:15 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Default Chassis Is BADDASS

That chassis looks so EVIL and Wicked i think that its not only is just a chassis but an extension of the way u crawl, it is aggressive and basically says here i come. I dig it and thanks for the threads about it, i enjoy reading about all the different set ups and cant wait to see more but, its rarity is also great.
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Default Mayhem Eng.

Hey those rims are tits do u hav a link that other may use to see more of your merc. and are they a beadlock rim
thanks
Mr Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
Hey those rims are tits do u hav a link that other may use to see more of your merc. and are they a beadlock rim
thanks
Not sure what to say. Thanks? If my wheels were tits....well, not sure I'd drive to well.

I take it you like them but I'm not sure what it is you are asking to see. I assume you already know they are made by Mayhem Engineering per the title of your post but here is a link anyway - http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106544, and yes they are beadlocks. Just explain what it is you want to see and I'll be happy to take some pics.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
...I've never had "a flue" before.
...isnt that the lid that sits atop a chimmney? nevermind...

...Great setup Rubicon...Lose the green brah...its just detracting so much from the chassis...
BitHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitHed View Post
...Great setup Rubicon...Lose the green brah...its just detracting so much from the chassis...
Funny you say that, I'm going by the store to pick up some draino tonight so that I can strip all that green off of everything.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

Mark, that truck is sweet! It really ran exceptionaly well yesterday! It really ought to get it done when you fine tune everything (not that it really needs it)
Riffister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:39 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffister View Post
Mark, that truck is sweet! It really ran exceptionaly well yesterday! It really ought to get it done when you fine tune everything (not that it really needs it)
Thanks Chris. I was very pleased with how the truck drove and handled, especially for the first time out. I think with the limited articulation, it may have helped.
I think those M3 M2K's did better than expected too, but wouldn't you know the Hammer tires came in but I didn't have time to mount them. I'm kind of glad cuz now I can compare the two tires. I just need to decide what to do for next week's comp.

I even managed to get a nice battle scar in the roof and the only real damage was a broken link (after a four foot fall, which I have on film)

I've got some video of Colossus that I need to make a short vid out of, I may try to do that tonight. I had fun out there yesterday, glad you were able to make it out.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Default Colossus Debut

Here is a short vid and some action (and damage ) pics from the first day of crawling for Project Colossus. The DCV/Pro from DMG performed great and I am very satisfied with its first day out.

The last shot in the vid is where the rod end broke. I apologize ahead of time for the music, it was the two free songs on my new PC . Also some of shots are not that great, I was driving with one hand and filiming with the other.

Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxz4w1Hmtw

Pics
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Killer video. Looks good, nice job. Mayhem Eng.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Nice pics and vid, but I don't think you will be doing much crawling with that broken link. j/k, nice rig
rckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:40 AM   #36
Rock Crawler

Looks very,very capable!! Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see when you get her dialed in.

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:09 AM   #37
RCC Addict

which crawler won?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Killer video. Looks good, nice job. Mayhem Eng.
Thanks Mayhem! And so you know, I am loving these wheels, you can really hear the bearings rolling around, and as you can see, the weight helps my rig stick pretty well, even without Rock Claws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckcrawler View Post
Nice pics and vid, but I don't think you will be doing much crawling with that broken link. j/k, nice rig
Thanks. You are right, I had some help fixing it last night. Pics posted later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
Looks very,very capable!! Thanks for posting. Can't wait to see when you get her dialed in.
Lou
It was surprisingly capable for its first time. Not too much more to dial in, maybe adjust the rear a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprinceton2004 View Post
which crawler won?
It was just a little practice comp, nothing official, but Colossus did score the lowest score with a -6, 2nd place scored 10, so I was pleased.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Default Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckcrawler View Post
I had a visitor stop by to help with fixing the broken rod end on my front link. He liked the rig.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Looks like he works cheap.....lol lol