Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: boomerang 4 link mount

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #1

Question boomerang 4 link mount

anyone get me the measurements on this like the over all witch the width between the holes and such front and rear please thanks :-) i want to try to make my own for the time being till i can afford the ones off TCS .... thanks yall
doug435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2008, 11:30 PM   #2

The three holes on top of the axel housing are what they use, they are the same front and rear. The upper 2 links are mounted the same as they would be but without the wishbone.
Crawlchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #3

yes but i need measurmets so i dont just have to keep tryin to get it right i want to know how far out the 4 link plat sticks towards the links and how far apart the holes are and such...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

good luck getting someone to give you direct measurements from a vendors part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug435 View Post
yes but i need measurmets so i dont just have to keep tryin to get it right i want to know how far out the 4 link plat sticks towards the links and how far apart the holes are and such...
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

... they are a whole $8!!! Just buy one and support the community! Buy a front servo mount while you're at it.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #6

It will be easy to make one when you get the truck. I personally think that it is less expensive (my time is my money) to buy them. TCS has a patent pending on this product as well, so I wont give out the measurements.

Last edited by Crawlchevy; 05-07-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Crawlchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

check this thread out
BinaryTerror 4 Link/Battery Plate Template
i used his templates and made both the rear 4 link mount and the front battery/servo with 4 link mount. they were dead on for size and the holes matched up perfectly.

i have my own drill press and band saw so it was worth it to me to make them myself but if i didnt i would have just bought the pieces online
mch441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #8

i do belive that makin your own things not to sell or to try o put off as your own is not aginst any law and also i did not intend to steal their exeact product i just didint know haw far foward the holes are nor how far apart ...
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mch441 View Post
check this thread out
BinaryTerror 4 Link/Battery Plate Template
i used his templates and made both the rear 4 link mount and the front battery/servo with 4 link mount. they were dead on for size and the holes matched up perfectly.

i have my own drill press and band saw so it was worth it to me to make them myself but if i didn't i would have just bought the pieces online

thank you VERY much this is exactly what i wanted this save me like $25

shoot i can make the front one out of the stock batt. tray .... thanks so much man
Old 05-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

not a problem actually you should go back and thank the guy who posted them !!! i made mine out of 1/8 delrin plastic but i did think about cutting up and drilling the battery tray. i like making things myself when i can and dont mind a little trial and error but having a premade template does make it a hell of alot easier right !!!
mch441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #11

yep and i dont like just going into things blind it isint fun having to do everything 3 or 4 times insted of 1 or 2... and ya it saves cash thanks a lot dude :-)