Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "Edge" set-up tricks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #1
Who's your Daddy-0!

Default "Edge" set-up tricks!

I have two "Edge" setups, along the way I found a few tricks to help with space and making it clean....thought I show how I did it and what was "made to help out....I made a plate for the 4 link to put the ESC on in the rear(Works great!) Made a pan in the top front for the receiver and BEC(Saves alot of room and looks good i think) and instead of Lexan or "cut cans" for the body panels I used Aluminum all the way around cut to fit and a quick pass on the buffer. It's strong and shinny! I also made a front plate for the 8711 that would also help hold the split packs up front. Im using Revo upper links. Punisher shafts that are awesome! FYI (If you use the shafts in the "Edge" you can only go up to a 87tooth on the spur before you hit the shafts!) I've set my Edge up 20 different ways(Ask JIA) and this is the best so far. Saves a lot of room and keeps things clean. Hope this helped some of you working on your "Edge"! Tattookenny aka "Rockstar"
Attached Images

TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Who's your Daddy-0!

Oh yea.....on the front of the Edge, the front nose, bend it up till the very tip is level. When it's stock it will bottom out on the servo bad. This little bend was a huge help.....
Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

that's odd, i'm runnin a droop setup much lower than yours and i can't get the nose to touch the top of the servo if i tried. It did at first but putting small limiters in the shocks made it so it stops approx a quarter inch from my servo.
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

I run with A LOT of flex! I know, I know, to much is bad...it works for me. It's done fine on comp courses as well as local. With droop I don't think it would hit. I think with the four link and the plate I made it raised the servo 1/4 inch or so....that could be it.....
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Looks good. It was nice to get to meet you at the ECC too.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Sick looking rig man, that is alot cleaner than I had my edge!
crawlbe4youwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:18 AM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Looks good. It was nice to get to meet you at the ECC too.
Diddo! That was a great comp! Hard but a lot of fun!
Old 04-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #8
WVB
Quarry Creeper

I really like the edge chrome look. There is another one on here with # plates, etc., that look really good as well.
WVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #9
Who's your Daddy-0!

The post I had up about the plates for the Edge, I wasn't trying to sell them. If you needed them for yours and didnt have the means to make them I would make them for you. Free. Just to clear that up. Sorry.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #10
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooKenny View Post
The post I had up about the plates for the Edge, I wasn't trying to sell them. If you needed them for yours and didnt have the means to make them I would make them for you. Free. Just to clear that up. Sorry.
Thanks
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #11

Hey TattooKenny what are you using to cut the panels? and where did you get the aluminum from if you dont mind me asking?
ejs08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs08 View Post
Hey TattooKenny what are you using to cut the panels? and where did you get the aluminum from if you dont mind me asking?
I have access to a machine shop and have table saws and buffers at the house. Upright jigsaw does well also. The aluminum you can pick up at Home Dep. or Lowes. My local hobby shop has it in all those thicknesses .064 .032 .016 but only in like 6x8 sheets....it's pretty cheap. Then use a high speed buffer to polish them with gray and black rouge. I use the same thing to make the pan's and four link plates as well. I'm using the .032 for the panels and .016 for the four link plate. I have some new ideas i will make tonight and post from start to finish.