Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Standard issue: Black/Green Bug Ax-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

yes
4RnrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

The thread tittle is very unassuming I tough another AX-10 build big deal and passed by it and then noticed the traffic and now I see why. Best AX-10 thread I've seen the tech was great no rookie here. By the way your rig looks terrific.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:22 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
The thread tittle is very unassuming I tough another AX-10 build big deal and passed by it and then noticed the traffic and now I see why. Best AX-10 thread I've seen the tech was great no rookie here. By the way your rig looks terrific.
X2 - it is always nice to see the 1:1 ingenuity brought to scale. Great ideas on the links.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:06 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

hehe....

BTW - I'm now running (12) 2/3A cells (14.4V) with the integy 55T and a the 14pinoin /87 spur and its FUN! But my servo power SUCKS - so I've got a CC BEC ordered to fix that issue since the Mamba is kinda weak in that department.

Last edited by 4RnrRick; 05-29-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:07 PM   #45
Rock Stacker

I am currently running 4whl steering. How can i mount the rear uppers and still keep the rear steer?
tbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Under the front edge of the servo plate after you drill two new holes.....

Old 05-29-2008, 10:14 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

welcome back to the R/C world! I figured with the tuki going you would get the itch for this again. Looks great, just wish you were closer so we could wheel together.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:07 AM   #48
Rock Stacker

As a relative n00b to rc crawing, I find this thread to be VERY informative. I believe it would be worthy of being stickied for other newcomers to the rc crawling world who want to get 'more' out of their stock scorps.

Thanks to all who have contributed!

-Moddy
The Modfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:25 AM   #49
Pebble Pounder

x2...............i totally agree....this is worth keepin stuck on top of the hill. please!
drilldeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

I honestly DON'T think it needs to be stickied...
Old 06-05-2008, 11:14 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

the data presented??? the links?? the quality pictures and common sense approach with detailed instruction?.....hell it should be stickied just to show all the wannabe know it alls how to properly inform us ignorant folk if nothing else...lol no its a great thread. really smartened me up on the benifits and reason for a quality four link setup. glad i read this before i spent money on fancy alum. three link pieces.
drilldeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 PM   #52
Rock Stacker

OK, i drilled the holes in the chassis and the servo plate. I mounted the links underneath the plate due to servo being on top. You have to drill the holes pretty close to the edge of the plate so that the link will not hit the axle. I had to move the servo backwards on the back plate, so i moved the drag link to the otherside of the horn to get it to align backup again. I have not tested the rig yet on how it works.

As you can see from my previous pic, should i flip the servo upside down and then switch the drag ling to the otherside so that the drag link is about 4 times longer than it is now? Or should i leave it?

The servo could not be mounted with screws anymore so i used the black servo tape which seems to work.

Last edited by tbizzle; 06-05-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: forgot about servo mounting
Old 06-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

With your setup, i was forced to flip the shocks due to binding at the top. The cap was hitting the chassis and binding, causing the cap to pop off.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

any updates on the suspension set up? i dream of having almost zero TT!
boost_aholic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle View Post
With your setup, i was forced to flip the shocks due to binding at the top. The cap was hitting the chassis and binding, causing the cap to pop off.
yeap - flipped shocks are better - no more leaking shafts and the lower the C-of-G the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost_aholic97 View Post
any updates on the suspension set up? i dream of having almost zero TT!
I do get a bit of suspension bind, when its twisted up, but the torque twist is almost zero.

Been busy with other things, the crawler got shoved off into a corner and the tires glued themselves to the dresser top. Finally dusted it off and got out and played with is some. Still working good. I also finally got the CC BEC programmed and added some aluminum knuckles. Oh and did I mention still no issues with the DIG or 12 sub C cells..... Nice burst speed!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Nice Job on the dig man.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Awesome buildup man,lot's of good tech in here also!!
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Loads of information here for brand new guys like myself!
dano104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #59
RCC Addict

thanks I took my plates off and drilled new holes-tied it out and it worked great-did it with my son today and check it on the rocks works great-thanks for the tips. Matt
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 06:38 AM   #60

thanks for the wonderful tips... I took half a day today modding my ax10 as stated in this thread...

just some clarifications:

I drilled 4 holes on the chassis for the front and rear upper links as instructed.

1. For the rear upper link, i use the lower link rod (98x6) and fixed them up on the 2 drilled holes on the rear servo plate. They are been connected at the top side. Distance btwn the two ends is abt 15mm. Is this right?

2. For the front upper link, the end pt at the chassis is blocked by my motor, i.e, no clearance to screw it there. So had to do it differently from the rear.
I used back the original upper link rod and attached them to the original hole at the chassis. For the servo plate, I fabricated another servo plate that is slightly longer (abt 8mm longer), so that i could attached the rod without being obstructed by the servo. They are connected at the top side too.

3. Flipped all my 4 shocks.

4. Now, with this setup, the rear upper link is nearly perpendicular to the floor, but the front upper link is angled quite a bit. And the crawler is slightly lower in the front. Is this normal?

5. I will try to take some pics tmr... pic says a thousand words...

Last edited by dabiddo; 11-10-2008 at 06:50 AM.
dabiddo is offline   Reply With Quote