Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: longer...wider?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 08:15 AM   #1

Default longer...wider?

ok i have looking at alot of pic of ax-10's (i just got one last week) and thay look wider and longer. i have been thing of makeing new side plates to strech out the wheel base. that wouldn't be a big deal to do. or should i just get longer links??

i'm sher thay make wheel spacers to make it wider
rladieu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Alot of how a crawler looks can be body placement or the type of chassis used, but in order to run your rig in a comp there are certain mesurments that you have to stay with in, your wheel base can not be longer then 12.5 inches from center axle to center axle, if you show up to a big comp and are over 12.5 inches you will have to shorten up your rig or you will not be allowed to run. Wider is not always beter, the width it comes stock or even a little narrower is better for the most part, the main thing you want to work on is getting your "COG = center of gravity" as low as posible, most people crawling run a belly clearance of between 2.5 - 3 inches. Another thing that helps if you have not done this yet is getting the battery down on the axle. Here is a pic of mine from befor I made a bunch of mods mainly just lowered the body and moved the battery to the front axle

and what it looks like now

abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

yeah there is the certain messurements that you have to fit in to compete, but the reason you are seeing the built rigs as longer and wider is because almostr all of them are running small bodies. the smaller the body the less things it gets hung up on, and the lower COG you have the less you roll or flip
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #4

thars no place arond me to compete but when make it longer i will make sher i keep it at 12.5. i got it mostly for the fun and so i can take it to camp with me thay don't like my gas trucks thar. and my kides (thar 4 and 6) can play with it too.(my tmaxx is to fast for them) i'm looking at geting them one of thar own.

my truck is all stock for now i'm looking at makeing i braket to put the battory on the frount axl and i have a new body i'm painting too it's a 72 chevy c10.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #5

i have been looking at shocks too. i have had my truck on the rocks 2 times and i have a shock that is leeking. i see some pople run tmaxx shocks do thay work well (i have some new one's)