RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   Team Zig~Zag Slingshot (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/119086-team-zig%7Ezag-slingshot.html)

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 05-14-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawika (Post 1187277)
Complimenting your build in a very roundabout way:).

You'll get a first hand beat down on sunday.:lol:

Oh yeah, thanks.;-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4RnrRick (Post 1187288)
How are the 2/3A battery packs holding up to the 5T Cobalt? Whats your gearing? Do you like it? Are you considering lipo's? Pros - Cons?

Reason I ask is seems like most people "reccomend" lipo's with the colbalt puller motors...

Yesterday was the first test with the 2/3a cells. They seem to work quite well. No overheating & run times were about 40 minutes. They peaked at around 12v, so it had some jump to it. I previously used the cobalt in my tuber w/a MM & a 3s lipo. I really have no preference right now, except I think the lipo is lighter for the voltage you get. I only ordered these batteries because I couldn't fit the lipo anywhere right now. I do plan on moving the servo over to one side of the axle w/BTA & putting the lipo back on.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 05-14-2008 04:07 PM

akshon shots

Some pics from yesterady on the rocks. Enjoy.;-)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Picture046.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Picture047.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Picture048.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Picture049.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...Picture050.jpg

silviajspec 05-14-2008 04:26 PM

nice work sheldon
i hope ill get to see on Sunday

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 05-14-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silviajspec (Post 1187547)
nice work sheldon
i hope ill get to see on Sunday

Thanks Justin. Hope you can finally make it to a comp. If you come, this will be there.

Hildy 05-14-2008 10:59 PM

Very well thought out truck"thumbsup" That body looks absolutely killer and goes with the rig very nice.

I love the diversity of rigs that you see on Rccrawler. So many options on different parts.
You know, if that rig was around just one year ago, I couldn't imagine the crowd it would've drawn.

Xtant3150c 05-15-2008 12:21 AM

Yet another "KillaH" build Sheldon

And a great job on the parts listing and links "thumbsup"

RydeFab 05-15-2008 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawika (Post 1187233)
He's had none of that this year;-). How's rydefab handling the desertion? But seriously, I'm actually a little concerned about Sunday:shock:.

AND HE'S DOING JUST FINE KAWIKA!!

he didn't desert me........................agent fat cat's going thru a "short" change right now "thumbsup".

and you better be a little concerned about sunday :shock:.

nice build up DTP, and best of luck too you too "thumbsup".

BeeRC 05-15-2008 08:43 AM

Team Zig-Zag Slingshot

Great build and great thread. All the links really are very helpful. Many thanks.

When you change out your wheels from the RC4WD Rockstars to the VF stalkers will you be selling the Rockstars? If so, I would be an interested buyer. Let me know if you would please.

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 05-15-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawika (Post 1187233)
He's had none of that this year;-). How's rydefab handling the desertion? But seriously, I'm actually a little concerned about Sunday:shock:.

I missed this post. No desertion. Still reppin' the shop. This is just something to hold me over till the real rig is ready. When that's done, watch out. Vengance will be mine!!!:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hildy (Post 1188127)
Very well thought out truck"thumbsup" That body looks absolutely killer and goes with the rig very nice.

I love the diversity of rigs that you see on Rccrawler. So many options on different parts.
You know, if that rig was around just one year ago, I couldn't imagine the crowd it would've drawn.

Thank you. That's the great thing about this place, so much too see & learn. As far as the crowd, I just don't have as many groupies as some others do.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c (Post 1188220)
Yet another "KillaH" build Sheldon

And a great job on the parts listing and links "thumbsup"

Thanks John. I might have a suprise for you too come OCS.:shock:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RydeFab (Post 1188304)
AND HE'S DOING JUST FINE KAWIKA!!

he didn't desert me........................agent fat cat's going thru a "short" change right now "thumbsup".

and you better be a little concerned about sunday :shock:.

nice build up DTP, and best of luck too you too "thumbsup".

Thanks Boss. You know, this is the first rig I didn't build in the shop for awhile. But it still has your fingerprints all over it.;-)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeRC (Post 1188491)
Great build and great thread. All the links really are very helpful. Many thanks.

When you change out your wheels from the RC4WD Rockstars to the VF stalkers will you be selling the Rockstars? If so, I would be an interested buyer. Let me know if you would please.

Thanks & you're welcome, just trying to help others out.

Sorry, I'm keeping these rims. If you've seen any of my other crawlers & RC's you these Rockstars were named just for me.:lol: And these are one of only a very few things I actually like from RC4WD.

prusik333 05-15-2008 08:56 PM

Nice build,that chassis looks real good "thumbsup". I see you have the Tekin FXR ESC, How do you like it? I was reading an article about it last night, and it looks good for the money!:lol:

Xtant3150c 05-15-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE (Post 1188753)

Thanks John. I might have a suprise for you too come OCS.:shock:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RydeFab Factory Driver

NO! Stick to the Rocks ;-)

fasa_00 05-16-2008 12:55 AM

Sweet ride hope I can see you drive at one of the comps, one of these day. Good luck.

U DOWN 05-16-2008 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c (Post 1189421)

Thats Right:flipoff:

DISTURBIN' tha PEACE 05-16-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c (Post 1189421)

Quote:

Originally Posted by U DOWN (Post 1189661)
Thats Right:flipoff:

I'm comming after you guys.:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasa_00 (Post 1189639)
Sweet ride hope I can see you drive at one of the comps, one of these day. Good luck.

Thanks Reid, you gotta make it out one of these days.

Shaun 05-16-2008 12:24 PM

That looks great! How do you like the Slingshot?

christeenz 05-16-2008 11:03 PM

wow sheldon!!! looks awesome!!!

Sprint 80 05-20-2008 02:13 AM

Great showing at the comp Sheldon!!!

RydeFab 05-20-2008 04:23 AM

awesome comp rig sheldon "thumbsup", i'm sure glad you didn't come out with that in the beginning of the season................probably would've been a different outcome at the winter finals.

nice win and great come back "thumbsup". looks like the 2nd half of the season will not be a repeat for me:cry:. beautiful rig, and awesome capabilities.

TEDROCKZ 05-22-2008 08:56 PM

That thing looks good. I just ordered my Delrin version and I'm gonna swipe a few ideas from ya:twisted:

kawika 05-22-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RydeFab (Post 1194224)
awesome comp rig sheldon "thumbsup", i'm sure glad you didn't come out with that in the beginning of the season................probably would've been a different outcome at the winter finals.

nice win and great come back "thumbsup". looks like the 2nd half of the season will not be a repeat for me:cry:. beautiful rig, and awesome capabilities.

I'm sure he'll let you have his fourth place spot.