Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: VF dig upper link question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default VF dig upper link question

I've searched around a little, and was just wanting to get some ideas of what to do or if it'll work. What I'm wondering about has to do with the VF dig in an Edge chassis, but I would think it would go for anyone running the VF unit. The stock upper link mounts on the chassis are suppose to have the spacers in there to space them out from the chassis plates. With the VF dig though, the bolt for the upper link on the dig side is into the yoke on the driveshaft.

I'm running the TCS 4link plates on both ends, so what if any issues am I gonna have with just bolting the links to the chassis without using the stock spacers?
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i think you have to slid your tranny/dig over a tad more to the center of your skid plate
dirtydirtysouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #3

The only problem I had was the my shocks where hitting my upper links until I limited the articulation a little more. I took the spacers out and put it in the upper links to make them longer and moved the bolt to the third whole.
cr250mxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I've got them mounted and they don't hit the shocks enough to bother anything, so I suppose it should be good to go I guess. I'll probably go back and lengthen the links a little bit later on so I can get them in the inside holes.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote