Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ESC Problem??????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 PM   #1

Default ESC Problem??????

Hi everyone i am new to rc rock crawling as of last weekend bought my first axial ax10 and love it. I have one question about either the esc or the radio. I havnt done anything with rc cars in over 15 years and my problem is when i try to reverse it acts like it brakes then pauses for a second and then goes into reverse which is really really annoying when i need to back up quickly before flipping. This is probably a simple thing but like i said i know nothing about this. Is it my esc or the radio im using. both are cheap units and i have a feeling it is the esc. It is a auto-sport esc im using with no adjustable settings. If anyone has a answer to my question and or advise on what setup to use any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank YOU!
Jared
svxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

your esc most likely has a delay before reverse kicks in. and since it isnt programmable youll just have to get use to it or get a new one. if you do decide to go with a new one the CC sidewinder is a great choice i have yet to have a prob. thus far with mine.
mental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #3

If you reverse your wires going to your motor, It will make it so that your delay is when you go from reverse to forward instead of forward to reverse. I found this out on accident and it keeps me from flipping all the time.
teamontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:27 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamontherun View Post
If you reverse your wires going to your motor, It will make it so that your delay is when you go from reverse to forward instead of forward to reverse. I found this out on accident and it keeps me from flipping all the time.

this will work rea;;y good if you can reverse the throttle on your radio

what kind of radio?
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdicken View Post
this will work rea;;y good if you can reverse the throttle on your radio
I knew I was forgetting to put something. I started with the rtr so reversing the throttle was possible.
teamontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #6

Thanks for your advise. I think im going to go with the "rooster crawler" esc. Anyone used this one likes or dislikes?
svxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:59 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Rooster crawler is a great upgrade, go with the 55T motor/esc combo for an even better bet!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote