Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Axial AX-10 Scorpion
Loading

Notices

Thread: My GC-2

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #41
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,382
Default

My current setup with the GC2,moved the lipo tray to the servo mount and useing Losi white springs with 50wt on all four corners.



I can't say enough about how well this chassis works.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #42
Keep it real
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,504
Default

That looks a lot better than the saddle packs Dave How much did your axle weights end up at?
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #43
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
That looks a lot better than the saddle packs Dave How much did your axle weights end up at?
It does clean things up a bit.I ended up with my smaller pieces of Tungsten ,only 4ozs a piece. I still can't get over the performance difference the Holmes Hobbies 2 cell lipo made over my 7 cell nimh.If anybody's trying to decide weather to go Lipo or not,GO FOR IT !
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #44
TN State Champ 11,12,13
 
Pdog7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: KTM Talk.com
Posts: 1,796
Talking GC-2 Is Awesome!

Nice build. I just got my GC-2 and ran it for the first time this weekend at a local gtg and pulled lines my stock Axial never would have. I love this chassis!! I will be using your idea for the mounting of my 3 cell 2000mAh thunder power lipo between the front links. It looks like you used the stock Axial battery plate cut down...thats what I'm going to use. I have been using lexan zip tied between the links but, yours looks like it wouldn't interfer with the suspension cycle. I had to move my rear upper links inboard just a bit to free up the rear suspension. I see that you are running yours wide, do you have any problems with limited rear articulation?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #45
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: LRC
Posts: 1,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
Nice build. I just got my GC-2 and ran it for the first time this weekend at a local gtg and pulled lines my stock Axial never would have. I love this chassis!! I will be using your idea for the mounting of my 3 cell 2000mAh thunder power lipo between the front links. It looks like you used the stock Axial battery plate cut down...thats what I'm going to use. I have been using lexan zip tied between the links but, yours looks like it wouldn't interfer with the suspension cycle. I had to move my rear upper links inboard just a bit to free up the rear suspension. I see that you are running yours wide, do you have any problems with limited rear articulation?
In my opinion it works best just like Daves
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #46
Keep it real
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
In my opinion it works best just like Daves
What would you know......
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Waipahu
Posts: 427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
What would you know......
Sprint 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #48
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Over at yo mama's house
Posts: 527
Default

how do i get ahold of one of my very own? the setup looks great. cg low and good looking chassis to boot.
cavie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #49
Keep it real
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Yakima,WA
Posts: 6,504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie98 View Post
how do i get ahold of one of my very own? the setup looks great. cg low and good looking chassis to boot.
PM the man himself....Gatekeeper or The Crawler Store carries them.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM   #50
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
In my opinion it works best just like Daves
I think that says it all.....Mr. Dunn kinda knows this chassis
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #51
TN State Champ 11,12,13
 
Pdog7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: KTM Talk.com
Posts: 1,796
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anthis View Post
I think that says it all.....Mr. Dunn kinda knows this chassis
I looked at your set-up again and noticed that I don't have my rear shocks spaced away from the chassis at the top as much as you or Gatekeeper. I will try more spacing and moving the links back. I love all the mounting options on this chassis.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #52
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
I looked at your set-up again and noticed that I don't have my rear shocks spaced away from the chassis at the top as much as you or Gatekeeper. I will try more spacing and moving the links back. I love all the mounting options on this chassis.
Spacing the shocks out is the key to the best handling setup with this chassis, in my opinion.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 AM   #53
TN State Champ 11,12,13
 
Pdog7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: KTM Talk.com
Posts: 1,796
Default

I spaced my shocks out and lowered the rear upper links one hole and this helped out a lot. This is an awesome chassis. I got my first top ten finish this weekend with a 7th place and this chassis was key in that. It just seemed to walk up lines that others were bouncing around on and not making. Thanks Austin for an awesome chassis, now I'm waiting for the next run of the 1.9 GC-2. A few pics.

Name:  ETRC March 09 04.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  69.2 KB

Name:  ETRC March 09 05.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  ETRC March 09 06.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  80.5 KB

Name:  ETRC March 09.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  79.2 KB
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Hueytown, Alabama
Posts: 6,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anthis View Post
Spacing the shocks out is the key to the best handling setup with this chassis, in my opinion.

Attached Images
 
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM   #55
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
I spaced my shocks out and lowered the rear upper links one hole and this helped out a lot. This is an awesome chassis. I got my first top ten finish this weekend with a 7th place and this chassis was key in that. It just seemed to walk up lines that others were bouncing around on and not making. Thanks Austin for an awesome chassis, now I'm waiting for the next run of the 1.9 GC-2. A few pics.
You won't be disapointed with the 1.9 GC2 How do you like those tall tires on your GC2? I'm kind of partial to the height of the Claws or Mashers.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #56
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 1,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Looks like you got an aluminum 2.2 GC2 chassis,why not the Delrin one?What shocks are you running?
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #57
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Highlands Ranch, Co.
Posts: 852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anthis View Post
Looks like you got an aluminum 2.2 GC2 chassis,why not the Delrin one?What shocks are you running?
Thats because he's "Special"!
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arat Alabama
Posts: 2,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anthis View Post
Looks like you got an aluminum 2.2 GC2 chassis,why not the Delrin one?What shocks are you running?
He got the aluminum version before the delrin was available I believe. The shocks are Traxxas BB's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Thats because he's "Special"!
He is special in an Obama bowling score way
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #59
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Tallahassee
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post

He is special in an Obama bowling score way
LOL
davidsc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kansass
Posts: 361
Default

What's the advantage if any to running your upper links on the axle so far apart?

I run mine close together, would this be something to consider changing?
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com