Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My GC-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Anthis View Post
Looks like you got an aluminum 2.2 GC2 chassis,why not the Delrin one?What shocks are you running?
I got the 2nd (I think) GC-2 made. I run a berg now though. They were the Traxxas Big Bores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Thats because he's "Special"!
Yes I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
He got the aluminum version before the delrin was available I believe. The shocks are Traxxas BB's.

He is special in an Obama bowling score way
You know I am.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 06:17 AM   #62
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
You won't be disapointed with the 1.9 GC2 How do you like those tall tires on your GC2? I'm kind of partial to the height of the Claws or Mashers.
I love the tires. They seem to bite on almost everything but, don't shed mud well. A lot of the local guys that previously ran panthers have been trying these tires with good results. With the HB Rover tires my ride height is sitting at 2 7/8" which is perfect for me. The foams have required a lot of tuning and still need some work but, all in all I'm very happy with them.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #63
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Talking Not another one!

Making some changes. Sticking with the GC-2 chassis because it's awesome. I just got sick of mechaical digs. They are just not reliable in my opinion. The dig I have been running binds all the time and when trying to dig while climbing it always hits freewheel and the rig goes rolling down the hill costing me points.

Name:  berg.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  38.7 KB
Old 03-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
Making some changes. Sticking with the GC-2 chassis because it's awesome. I just got sick of mechaical digs. They are just not reliable in my opinion. The dig I have been running binds all the time and when trying to dig while climbing it always hits freewheel and the rig goes rolling down the hill costing me points.

Attachment 96230
NO.......Don't go Berg pdog7 !! 2.2's should have drivelines I think if your truck rolls when it hits freewheel your ESC's dragbrake isn't working.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 AM   #65
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Thumbs up GC-2 Berg

Man this thing is awesome The GC-2 works great with the Berg axels. Finally a reliable dig and some wheel speed. I went with 45t motors and Tekin FX-R with 3cell lipo.....it's alive This chassis has a ton of room without the tranny and dig. I have the battery down low in the skid. GC is sitting at 3.25" and it side hills better than I expected. Excuse the crappy cell phone pics. I will do a proper build thread in the Berg section. Sorry to hijack just wanted to show how versitile this chassis is. Did I mention I'm in love with this rig.

Name:  berg.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  47.6 KB

Name:  berg3.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  36.0 KB

Last edited by Pdog7; 04-08-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:53 AM   #66
RCC Addict

This chassis does work well with the M.O.A. axles,I've driven against a couple of Berged GC2's. I'm staying with my big shafty.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #67
RCC Addict

I picked up some new shoes for the ole girl.

The Comp Claws are a little taller without being too tall,and the tread is a little deeper.

I'm hoping to try them at EWRCRC's comp this weekend and will give you all my opinion. My fronts measure right at 5.375 with my D.A.M. foams in them.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #68
Rock Stacker

thats the first production set i have seen dave, i lookforward to seeing how the do this weekend. ill see ya there! im pumped
The Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cracker View Post
thats the first production set i have seen dave, i lookforward to seeing how the do this weekend. ill see ya there! im pumped
LOL,having the factory connection as your driving buddy you've probly seen a lot of non production hardware.I need to hook up with you guys and drive more often.Are you still running the giant rovers?
Old 04-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #70
RCC Addict

what are D.A.M. foams?
jimbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:07 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbiss View Post
what are D.A.M. foams?
D.A.M. = Dave Anthis Machining (sp)
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #72
Rock Stacker

I am very pleased with the rovers. I will be running them till they wear out. It takes some tuning for the foams to be just right but I'm getting it narrowd down and they perform well. The key is to tune the suspension to the tires. I had to change the whole truck. Nathan and I crawl most weekend together. He crawls a lot more :-) I do when I can get out of the house. Soon the weather will be nice and my little Tyke will come with in the baby bjorn.

Last edited by The Cracker; 04-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Oh ya, I need some DAM stuff so I can dammit up my truck! Haha :-)
Old 04-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbiss View Post
what are D.A.M. foams?
"Dave Anthis Machine" I'm a machinist by trade and some times I get to make my own DAM parts....LOL. I've made my own aluminum wheels ,stainless bent lower links,4 link plates,upper link mounts for my GC2,mount for a fullsize dig servo on my VF dig(this was one of the better things I made),custum beadlock rings,and all kinds of spacers and such.
I have to apoligise to all the people that have pm'd me asking to build stuff,but I am NOT a vendor,nor do I have much free time at work to build things for myself much less others.
The foams are a home brew that are made up of a stiff out side ring,soft center and a medium inside ring.NON of wich are memory foam.I lost my memory a long time ago....

Last edited by Cave Dave; 04-27-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:47 PM   #75
Keep it real

Quote:
I lost my memory a long time ago....
What did you just say, I can't remember?
Sounds like a good foam setup, you'll have to let me fondle your tires next time
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #76
RCC Addict

I have changed the foams a little to make the tire shorter,and I love the new comp Claws! Here's a couple of pics from backyard testing.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #77
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Any updates on this rig?
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Any updates on this rig?
I'm trying a different rear upper link mounting location that I'll share if I decide it works.
This chassis works.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodblder View Post
What's the advantage if any to running your upper links on the axle so far apart?

I run mine close together, would this be something to consider changing?
I prefer to triangulate the lowers and run the uppers mostly parralel with the chassis plates.I don't have any axel steer with this setup,so don't see any need for more triangulation.Do you have a pic of your GC2 setup?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #80
RCC Addict

After nearly 2 years of abuse all the holes where stripped in the front axle housing,so I picked up a new one.I have to give Axail credit for building a very tough axle.I'm still running my modified stock front axles with no failures.

I was happy to see how clean the inside was,and the Tyler V locker and Axail HD gears are in great shape.

I got it all put back together after work today,she's ready for EWRCRC's comp this Sunday.