Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: X-Trail Shock question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 04:25 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default X-Trail Shock question

Hi

I build a X-Trail with the Droop Setup Kit from TCS. But I really dont like the Droop Setup with the Axial Shocks. Compared to the Scorpion of my brother it really performs badly.

I would like to try a standart Shocksetup. Which Shocks would you recommend and which length?

I thought that compressed 70mm and full extendent 100mm would be good. Am I right?

Would be nice if you could poste what kind of shocks to you use and how do you like them.

Thanks an Greetings
Swiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

stampede fronts on mine

Remember the Xtrail is a scale chassis and unless you put a lot of effort won't be as good as a crawler chassis can be with the same effort.

william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I think the biggest complaint from stock Axial shocks are there plastic bodies, which tend to leak.

I'm currently running 3/4 droop with Axial shocks...and I'm pleased with how they perform.

You may notice, that my shocks are inverted...Initially I only had springs under the piston.
This took care of the ride-height, and transitioned smoothly though the suspension cycle.

The shock oil took care of the extension rate, but found that the unloading was not predictable.
I have since added springs above the piston, which has made things much more consistent.

This is still a work in progress, and look forward to more crawl-time.
Only by spending time crawling, will I be able to find what works and what doesn't.

sorry, no compression and extension #s for you...
manny
mr_manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

When I was looking for shocks for mine, I thought, somewhere between 80-90 mm eye to eye would be good. I ended up with some ass. T4 fronts, and limited them about an 1/8" w/ fuel tubing. Flexes pretty good, bought one flat iron under a front, witch is pretty realistic.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote