Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: vf dig and radio questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default vf dig and radio questions...

hello. i just installed my vf dig system on my tranny yesterday. i have just a few questions to assure myself it's all set before i put the tranny back in the truck.

i've only had cheapie radios so the functions are somewhat new to me.

i'm running a futaba magnum pm3 radio with 2 postion 3 channel switch (switch labeled sw2 and thumb switch labeled sw1). the thumb switch doesn't seem to do anything to my knowledge. basically having a 2 postion switch there will be no neutral point for the servo correct? with this i really don't have to worry about trim and sub trims? when powering my radio it's either going to be in 4wd or rear (dig) lockout depending on the postion of the 3rd channel switch correct?

i imagine that i only have to worry about the epa's then with a 2 position switch correct? i adjusted my epa's front to back by not connecting the linkage to the horn. i would close the dig to 4wd and eyeball the epa forward. i did the same for the rear lockout. i figured that was a good starting point. i then connected the linkage to the horn and made some slight epa adjustments until i couldn't hear noise coming from the servo. getting the dig into rear lockout was no problem but it seemed like it could have pushed in more. will having it installed in the truck with the rear axle and driveshafts fix that. basically pull the gearing in the dig unit to full lock? the front would mesh right into the cog with some throttle to get the gears to mesh in position. is all this normal with the digs? my servo was getting quite warm after messing with it for 5 minutes or so. thank you all for any help...
madmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I just put mine in the other night, and it takes some tinkering to set up. I can also tell you that my settings ended up changing a little once it was in the rig with the driveshafts and all hooked up, so I would start by doing that to see if it helps. I will also say that if you got the mini servo I would plug it in, mess with it one or two shifts, and shut it down for a few minutes to cool back off. This last one I tried was fried in less than a minute. I set the 4wd end point, shifted into dig to set that one, and before I could get it done the servo was gone. My mistake though from not knowing, but I should have dropped my end points alot lower from the beginning.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It is normal to need a bit of throttle or relaxed neutral to engage and disengage the Dig from 4wd and locked positions, this can also be exascerbated if you used heavy grease that is sticky.

I still have the same 225MG servo...its all about setting end points and being sure the unit works free.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote