Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Axial RTR Verses Original Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Axial RTR Verses Original Kit

I am going to buy an Axial Scorpion to go along with my TLT modified crawlers. Can somebody please help and explain the difference between the RTR and the original version? I don't see how they can have them assembled, include the electronics and sell them for just a few dollars more. Is the RTR version made cheaper? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
stomper4x4.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default RTR vs. Kit

There is actually a $50 difference in the list price of the RTR and the kit. The RTR is more expensive on the list price but most dealers sell far below the list price so the price disparity is much lower

The main difference betwen the two is the use of nlyon parts in place of some metal and aluminum parts. The steering links, suspension links and ball joints were all replaced with high impact nylon. We were able to reduce the cost enough with these changes to include the rear straight axle, slipper clutch and electronics.

The drivetrain and the remainder of the RTR is identical to the kit. You can upgrade your RTR to kit level replacing the above mentioned parts and available Axial option parts.

http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/ax10options/index.html

Thanks,
Axial
Matt.k is offline   Reply With Quote