Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Option Parts ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Option Parts ?

Just got my AX10 Kit today and was checking out the instructions to build it. and the first part Bag A (1) Option part Heavy duty bevel gear Set. What's the pros and cons verses what came in the bag? Would this be better for me to install now verses down the line? Any advice would be cool.

I know I should be posting in the Newbie section, but I just want to build this right. thanks -RCHuffer
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

in my opinion all you really have to have is the rcp upgrade package.

http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...age=1&featured

im in the process of building a comp rig and im using the stock ring and pinion. iv never had a problem with them yet. but as far as I know besides the hd ring and pinion being hardened i think the teeth are a little tigther to take some of the slop out of the axles. and also upgrade your lockers and tires. and get the batteries as low as possibale.
Dickie691986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

We are running ours with the stock drive shafts, ring and pinion and lockers. We bought MIPS and steel ring and pinions but my feeling is drive it first, see what breaks along the way, then replace them. So far everything is working fine. The plastic ring/pinion SHOULD be damn strong as long as no excess play is allowed to develop. The aluminum "upgrade" parts are a must though, we installed ours during the initial build. Eventually we will have a full blown comp rig, hopefully two when we're done. We are also building our rock garden and learning to drive at the same time!! It's keeping my Son busy and were having fun

Last edited by FL Knifemaker; 07-19-2008 at 08:03 AM.
FL Knifemaker is offline   Reply With Quote