Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: How much weight per tire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default How much weight per tire?

What do you guys run? I have one full set going around my wheel, but now I am thinking about running a second set. I can't seem to get the front end down at all. It wants to flop over itself all day. Any other poiners?

Thanks
DIma
Flatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatty View Post
What do you guys run? I have one full set going around my wheel, but now I am thinking about running a second set. I can't seem to get the front end down at all. It wants to flop over itself all day. Any other poiners?

Thanks
DIma
Are you running plastic or aluminum wheels? If plastic go with 2 strips in each wheel. If aluminum try 2 each in the front and 1 each in the rear.
rc4x4crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 04:32 AM   #3
RCC Addict

It will all depend on the rest of the wt of the rig. Im running Aluminum rims up front, there 10 1/2oz. I added 6oz (2 strips) to each front wheel. Over 1lb in each front. The rear beadlocks are Delrin and i added 3oz. Perfect break over and the thing is super well balanced. Then again everything has to be bullet proof for this. Steel driveshafts, HD gears, HD lockers, Alum hexes, steel cvds etc etc. It will also depend on your driving style, if you know how to utalize all the extra wt. Good Luck.
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote