Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: anyone try a 60/40(ish) setup?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default anyone try a 60/40(ish) setup?

i know 60/40 is common on clod rigs, but has anyone tried it on an axial? i have a double triangulation skit from yotachump and with stock links, it brings me down to just over 12 in WB. i know making the extra 2 links for the front wouldnt be too hard, just wondering if anyone has had success with the longer rear
wojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I run a 50/50 setup because my cg is in front of my skidplate. In performance terms, that means the only real hang-up on my chassis is the skid and in the event it catches my cg will pull it over the obstacle. With a 60/40 setup your skid will be on or near your cg, so getting stuck is easier. I know this because I made a bmv style chassis with a 60/40 setup and even with a 6 cell sub-c pack and my tires filled with lead shot, my truck balanced right in the center of the skid plate. If i had thought to move the skid back I could have completed the course at a Atlanta r.c. comp.
tanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'm currently testing my 60/40 setup. so far I like it, but tanmonster is right. It is a hair easier to high center on the skid plate. It all depends on your set-up. Trial and error is the only way to know if its a setup for you. It fits my driving style well, add some wheelspeed and its perfect for me.
toytech93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

think it climbs any better?
wojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:46 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

What about running 40 front and 60 rear with some seriously bent rear links....???

sounds like it could work...?
mockknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojin View Post
think it climbs any better?
I think it climbs better,the CG is moved farther forward. The climbing ability has a lot to do with the whole setup, not just one single change. You have try a lot of different things, so you know what works and what doesn't. Just this month I have tried different shock oils, shock angles, link geometry(squat and anti-squat)and tire foams. Trial and error is the only way I learn anything. I'll try anything once !!!
toytech93 is offline   Reply With Quote