Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: droop suspension

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #1

Default droop suspension

since i have built my ax10 about three weeks i have been running a shock combination i have not seen on here but i might have missed it. From the beginning I have been using a tcs edge chassis with the internal shock spring everyone runs, but on the outside i have also been running the standard coils. I have really loved this setup, give the suspension and nice even feel. So just a few minutes ago i decided to try a droop setup and took off the outer coils. Wow, what an aweful thing. why do those of you that run it love it? it has no downward force on the axle. Oh i am also running bent links from the outer position, if that makes a big difference.
lifttec999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifttec999 View Post
since i have built my ax10 about three weeks i have been running a shock combination i have not seen on here but i might have missed it. From the beginning I have been using a tcs edge chassis with the internal shock spring everyone runs, but on the outside i have also been running the standard coils. I have really loved this setup, give the suspension and nice even feel. So just a few minutes ago i decided to try a droop setup and took off the outer coils. Wow, what an aweful thing. why do those of you that run it love it? it has no downward force on the axle. Oh i am also running bent links from the outer position, if that makes a big difference.

I think its a personal preference. I love my droop setup. It takes a lot of trial and error to get one setup correctly. Everybodys is different depending on rig weight , oil used, springs ,shocks, chassis. That brings me to something else , I have a custom chassis that was made specifically for Revo shocks in a droop. I love the LOW center of gravity , and I prefer the way it drives. If you really want to try droop you will have to get one setup properly before you can see the benifits . oh and BTW...it climbs like a mofo
SULFUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #3

I am also running droop with a lot of success. It stays so close to the surface when climbing steep grades. What oil are you using sulfur?
Dan4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm searching for Droop setup, but not much here

How exactly is this done

so far I heard to run internal springs to force spring to compress

Thinking out load:
I understand things are different depending on HEIGHT, Weight, OIL Weight and if full dropp or 3/4 droop.
so that means put short spring above or Below piston shaft inside ?

Any advice for 1.3 lb chassis (like a Hustler) 18" super with front Droop with 1.2 travel shock

Thanks
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #5

I'm running droop in the front. It climbs like a goat! It realy is all about the setup. My rig just took a spill off the top of an 8 foot boulder, and pulled the shock apart. I knew the stock Axial plastic shocks were kinda weak, but know I have an excuse to put those Losi shocks on. Do you have any pictures of your Edge? Post up
overkillphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifttec999 View Post
why do those of you that run it love it? it has no downward force on the axle.
I searched for awhile trying to figure out how to get the axle to move once I removed my coils as well. Then I found a product that TCS sells.

Its called gravity

On a serious side. I run semi droop on the back, and full sprung on the front at the moment. Works well for me, but Im far from a competitive crawler.

On the back I first tried all droop with just 20wt oil, but my belly height was a bit to low for my liking. I went down to my local ACE hardware and bought some small coils and put them inside the shock body and put the stock outer coils on.

Plenty of flex for me, keeps the back low, while still having a decent belly height. At some point the front will be done as well.
Starboard M is offline   Reply With Quote