Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 4 Link and Dig Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2008, 12:25 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 4 Link and Dig Questions

I have just bought the rear 4 link set up for the axial from what I have read this helps with the twist of the rear end Right? Does making the front end a 4 link help with anything?

Dig ? I have the Edge Tuber in the summer dig giveaway thread it shows the stock batt plate holding the servo is that the only way to mount the servo? Is there company making a plate to hold the servo without using the orig. batt plate? I Have cut mine up for custom reciever and esc mounts .
crawlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Also Im having Problems with the front 3 link ball popping off the axel. Any fixes in this area??? The back is also doing this but i have fixed it with the 4 link when it gets here.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Some 4-links help with torque twist. The best thing you can do is play with shock oil and springs. A heavy or stiffer spring in the right rear will reduce the ammount of initial torque twist, but may effect performance on the rocks. You really have to tinker with it quite a bit as everyones motor and suspention setup is different.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
RCC Addict

TOO many questions and not much time ont the rocks this will help you figgure out how torqe twist will help you find a good lin when you want to start wining comps. gett better faminliar with truck........unga bunga
Da Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

thanks 2JSC Im Using the novak brushless system with big bore shocks could I mess with wt oils Ie. Higher wt in the rt rear ect.??? I have no springs on hand Ill have to order a set.
I will give those options a try thanks very helpfull. Will the peformance problems of the stiffer spring make it worse then the small twist I have now????

Da Hermit thanks I understand about the twist BECAUSE I READ AND SEARCHED BEFORE I ASKED iT just wasnt clear on the subject!!!!!!!!

Any one have on the front 3 link ball popping off the axel any fixes in that area??? Is it ok to 4 link the front to make this problem go away???

Last edited by crawlman; 08-20-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

im still runnin the stock 3 link setup in the front with no problems.

its weird that everyone says they have problems with the stock drive shafts and 3 links poppin out and i have had no problems with either!
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Put a 3mm washer that is a little larger than the mount hole on each side of the ball. That will keep it from popping off completely.

The stock drives do twist and stop working after a while if you're lucky enough that the yokes don't break.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i didnt say but i am running the metal collars since day one so the yokes have held up, the shafts themselves have some twist to them
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad91 View Post
im still runnin the stock 3 link setup in the front with no problems.

its weird that everyone says they have problems with the stock drive shafts and 3 links poppin out and i have had no problems with either!
Try to run the car in "hard core" terrain and you will see what happens.

Regarding the 3-link connector, just place a washer on the screw. The washer needs to have a bigger diameter than the hole were the ball drive goes.

Regarding the shafts... you can make a simple fix... remove the rings from the top of the spring in the shocks, and glue them with CA on the drive shafts.
Maybe this pict will help to understand what I'm saying

If you don't do this, your shafts may become like this ones

Btw... by hard core terrain I mean terrain like the one in this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdOUg3Ke_fE

Last edited by Octanas; 08-20-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Octanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

im not having any problems with the shafts i put rings around the part you are showing in pictures the rings work great i did have that problem till i put those on there now no popping anymore

thanks for the washer idea there is still alot of play that why i was wondering if you could 4 link the front like the rear what do you guys think ????
Old 09-02-2008, 09:20 PM   #11

Octanas,
I was having the same problems with my drive shafts as you are, I have gone with the MIP drive shafts but havn't hit the rcks yet, 90T spur ain't no good with the yoke size of the MIP's. Try these !!!!!!
Chooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlman View Post
im not having any problems with the shafts i put rings around the part you are showing in pictures the rings work great i did have that problem till i put those on there now no popping anymore

thanks for the washer idea there is still alot of play that why i was wondering if you could 4 link the front like the rear what do you guys think ????
Try These...
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/TCS-Delrin-Upper-Link-Servo-Mount-for-Axial-AX-10-Scorpion-1-each-US-Patent-Pending-p-16526.html
twig8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #13
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlman View Post

To cure the slop in the three link you should check out Bender's SWX Comp Build thread, post #70.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:57 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

i have 4link front and rear with little to no torque twist but i also run with full cantilever set up using revo rocker arms with big bore shocks no springs and 5000wt diff lube,it seems to work freaking sweet!!!! but like other guys said play with it different set ups,get creative,can get time consuming but its worth it once you find the set up that works good for your likings, and as far as drive shafts i highly recommend putting out money for the mip CV spline drive shafts,since i got mine i don't think I'll have a drive shaft problem again ...

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 09-06-2008 at 04:00 AM.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:00 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Put a new ball in the socket to help with the 3 link mount slop. I guess over time grit in there wears it down some. Wierd... because you'd think the plastic would wear first... but I changed the ball out with another and it got rid of alot of the slop. Then I replaced it with a similar sized Tamiya ball and it got rid of all the slop. The Tamiya ball doesn't look bigger but I guess it is just a little.
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 08:29 AM   #16
Mic
Rock Crawler

The best thing I have done to my AX10 was add yotacump's 4 link mount to the rear Drastically removed the torque twist.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote