Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: x-trail twist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default x-trail twist

well guys here is my rig ive been fartin around with the suspension and this is whet i think im gonna be running for a while,let me know what ya all think,

oh and i work at a huge full production machine shop and i want to get started on makin parts to sell and work my way up to having a online hobby shop thal never be out of stock on any parts but i have no clue as to where to start any suggestions??? im thinkin mostly stainless steel products,we can make just about anything out of any material for rc full production and plus or minus .0005 ,so if yall ahve any input on that hit me up

and when i said i worked at a huge machine shop i ment it 13 screw machines,6 mills,4 big lathes,8 smaller lathes, and 4 huge 10 axis tornos,heres pix

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 09-06-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Mr. crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

thats a pretty sweet setup you got there, i love the revo shock setup, hows it handle on the rocks?
Tonelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

It needs a motor and tranny first.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #4

Pretty Slick Setup Man, What Are Those Rocker Arms Out Of?
Texas_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #5
RCC Addict

nice use of the Revo cantalevers. nicely done.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

yeah the revo rocker arms work sweetly and i made no other mod than screwin everything together,i had to machine parts to hold the rocker arms but other than that it crawls awesome,i get twice the suspension travel due to the leverage im not runnin any springs so it sags but at full sag i get a lil shy of 3 inches of ground clearance and the traxxas big bore shocks have ofna 5000wt diff lube in them, and i had to pull the tranny cuz i broke the output that the drive shaft hooks up to(kinda disappointing)so hopefully im gonna machine some out of 304ss today,and I'll make extras to slang if anybody is interested in gettin indestructible parts, but thanx for the input guys greatly appreciated.....

Last edited by Mr. crawl; 09-06-2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Be carefull making your parts at work. Most employers don't take to that too kindly. I have my own fully equipped shop at home and I am retired. Nice looking work though, progressive thinking.
chracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

yeah they allow us to use down machines and we are able to do some production parts of our own they just say if we do alot we just gotta cut em in for the machine and tool usage,my plan is to get goin on some parts to open theyr eyes to how huge the rc market is to hopefully get them into goin in to production